I Know What You'll Say, But Sometimes A Person Needs To Vent

Decorating By Win Updated 15 Nov 2008 , 2:38pm by -Tubbs

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:37am
post #1 of 7

I did a cupcake wedding tower for a friend in early October using a Wilton cake stand. I was not around at the end of the evening to take the stand with me and, truly, was not too worried about ever getting it back. Long story, but in the in end it turns out the new groom cleaned up the wedding mess (it was a garden wedding at their home) and, not knowing better threw away my cake stand!!! icon_cry.gif I ask you, how can a four-tier cake stand be mistaken for garbage? (pic is in my gallery) Sigh. She's going to reimburse me for the cake stand which is great, but I'm still waiting for the check (she'll come through) so now I"m a little worried the groom mistook that for garbage as well! icon_lol.gif

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:48am
post #2 of 7

So what do you think 'we' all will say??

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 3:26am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Quote:

So what do you think 'we' all will say??

icon_redface.gif "Always have a plan for the return of your equipment..."
"Never trust a friend." icon_lol.gif
...just to name of few of the sage and wise pieces of advice administered daily here.

I can just feel the sting of Indydebi's rap on my knuckles even now.

icon_biggrin.gif

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 3:36am
post #4 of 7

LOL. Seriously I would probably do the same thing. LOL!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 3:52am
post #5 of 7

(That's why stress free $upport$ are not stress free for me.)

That's also why I use all disposable--they buy it and can keep it all or toss it with my blessing. Phooey on deposits and all that complicated stuff. I don't think brides really want to deal with all that falderal.

So my advice is--make them buy it on the front end.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 3:52am
post #6 of 7

My darling, intelligent husband of 31 years emptied the dishwasher (I thought it was great at first, too), and threw out the just-washed blade from my bread machine! I knew I had put it in the silverware basket, but it was nowhere to be found after he left the house. I checked the garbage pail and, sure enough, there it was.
I asked him WHY he would throw out something from the dishwasher. He said he threw it out because he didn't know what it was!!! I'm still dumbstruck.
So, a brand-new groom throwing out a cupcake stand is perfectly understandable to me!!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:38pm
post #7 of 7

We all have a wobble once in a while.

I once threw away the whole family's passports. We were going on vacation and I frantically searched everywhere, even, eventually the bin, and there they were. I knew it was me that did it as soon as I saw them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%