I Know, I Know...yet Another Topsy-Turvy Question...forgive

Decorating By harrison Updated 15 Nov 2008 , 3:02am by AlamoSweets

harrison Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 1:54am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone. I am debating doing a topsy turvy cake. I have seen the instructions here at CC, and I know everyone is raving about them and I am sure they're great, they look really, really intimdating to me. Is it easier and possible to just stack the cakes and then carve them into the shape and at an angle on top and stack to get a close desired effect? Thanks for the help...just trying to find an effective and shorter process, as I am sure most of us are. Thanks for your kind replies and help.

5 replies
nancyg Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:16am
post #2 of 6

I too would like some instructions for these. How do I find them on CC I have tried and cant find them....Thanks

harrison Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:19am
post #3 of 6

Hi, just search for topsy-turvy an dit will pull up the instructions with photos...I am wondering if there is an easier way. Good Luck.

JanH Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:30am
post #4 of 6

Everything you ever wanted to know about wonky cakes:

wrightway777 Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:48am
post #5 of 6

actually, heres a link that gives different views on topsy turvy (aka tilted cakes, etc). Its worth scrolling through it all even if you just pick up one hint. Personally the spanish videos (were the cake is not "hidden" in lower tiers like you mentioned in this post) scares me - I've always done the Bkeith way.

AlamoSweets Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 3:02am
post #6 of 6

I use the Styrofoam method where every other layer is Styrofoam (2 in) cut at an angle and covered with the fondant. It creates an optical allusion and is the easiest way I have found.

Quote by @%username% on %date%