Need Help With A " Master Cheif " Cake

Decorating By kaspr Updated 4 Dec 2008 , 3:55pm by mixinvixen

kaspr Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 1:25am
post #1 of 7

I am a beginer at cake making . so i do this on the side for friends and family.

My son who will be turning 12yr. old in Dec. is requesting that I try and make him a "Master Cheif" cake. for those moms who's sons are not gamers it is a character in the game "Halo" i need some ideas on how to make this character 3D? but will try one that is lying flat.
any help would be awsome.

6 replies
kakeladi Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 7

Sorry apparently no one is familar w/this character.
Sounds to me you are going to bite off more than you can chew if you go 3-d.

CakeMakar Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 7

I suggest you look for some transformers type cakes for inspiration. PM some people about how they did it and go off of that to change it to Master Chief. Search the web for some transformers or Optimus Prime cakes, as I know some big-name bakeries have done those, too. He's not quite as blocky as a transformer so that's going to make the sculpting a bit harder. Perhaps you could also focus on just his head?
I think it's totally doable!

SeriousCakes Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 10:07pm
post #4 of 7

Do a search for Halo cakes in the galleries, you could PM someone whose cake looks cool.

TanuvasaMama Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 8:22am
post #6 of 7

I agree with cake maker...I was thinking maybe just the 3D helmet would be good enough. And PLEASE post pictures when you're done! My husband would die for a cake like this, but my skills just aren't there yet!

mixinvixen Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 3:55pm
post #7 of 7

my husband and several of his friends have made this costume from scratch to wear for charity events, so i am very familiar with this character.

you state that you want to make a 3D cake, but then also said you can lay it flat...it's hard to give advice when we're not sure which design you picked. overall design considered, if you have not done 3D work before, then go with the one laying down and make it 2D. it's always fun to try new things and push the bounderies, especially when it's for my family and much safer, but you also want to be able to focus on this day and make it special for your son..not being stressed and angry if something goes wrong. a 2D cake might be a good compromise..awesome enough to him and his friends, makes you look like a hero, and you can still enjoy yourself!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%