Edible Images

Decorating By Joy2501 Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 4:27pm by jammjenks

Joy2501 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joy2501 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know where I can get an edible image printed in or around the Raleigh/Durham area in NC. I tried Kroger and HT, but they said they would still charge me the price of the cake even though I only wanted the image. I can't pay $50 for a picture!!

6 replies
GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 7

Wow, that really sucks they charge you for the whole cake! I can purchase my EI in our high-end grocery stores where I live and they don't mind, so it's only about $6 or $7 bucks a pix. You know, if you are desparate, you could order online, but then you have to do shipping.

I'd keep trying all the stores and see what you come up with.

HTH! icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 7

Do you have a WalMart? I believe they do edible images.

Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 7

yeah, I agree, $50 is crazy. they just want you to purchase the cake through them instead. If you cant find a grocer that will sell to you, I recommend ordering online. If you order several popular images that you think you will have use for, it might help justify the shipping cost. just be careful ordering online, sometimes the edible images can break or shatter if they're dried out or not packaged/shipped properly. make sure you order from a reputable distributer.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:49am
post #5 of 7

The Wal-Mart here in my area (3) either (1) don't do EI on their cakes or (2) won't sell the image w/out the cake! (insert puke icon here!)

That's why the other grocery store here will sell their sheets...cuz to them, it's all about making a buck! icon_rolleyes.gif So at least I can get one if I have to!.

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 4:23pm
post #6 of 7

I just purchased an EI at Walmart yesterday for $5. My grocery stores that have bakeries also sell them.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 4:27pm
post #7 of 7

If you don't have time to order one and can't get one local, maybe you could use a laminated picture. You could have it laminated or do it yourself with clear contact paper. Just a thought....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%