When Will We Know?

Decorating By higginspeg Updated 18 Nov 2008 , 8:05pm by glendaleAZ

higginspeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
higginspeg Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 22

I'm new to this site and have been following the Halloween cake competition. When will we know which cake one and how we did?

Thanks

21 replies
sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 22

i was wondering the same thing!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 22

ha ha...woke up this morning and wanted to know the SAME thing! icon_biggrin.gif I even went to check in the galleries!!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 22

The winners already know icon_wink.gif . I'm sure they will post an announcement very soon.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

The winners already know icon_wink.gif . I'm sure they will post an announcement very soon.

sooo...you must be a winner then! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

MacsMom Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 22

Maybe... maybe not! icon_razz.gif

higginspeg Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:49pm
post #7 of 22

The suspense is killing me and I am so hoping to know today before I have to go to work at 4:00 p.m. I am supposed to be working on some projects this morning, but I know I'm going to be stuck to the site all day long hoping for THE answer! SIGH I've been looking since yesterday!

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:50pm
post #8 of 22

wow i bet you are macsmom. that pumpkin one you got in your photos is sweeeeet. icon_biggrin.gif i believe i voted for it!! unless their is one similiar to yours. hmmmm..... icon_confused.gif
have a great day or nite!!! usaribbon.gif

reecesdaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reecesdaddy Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:51pm
post #9 of 22

I wanna know, too! I joined CC after the deadline for entries, but looking at all of the unbleievable cakes how can you choose just one?

I love this forum, BTW. The tutorials, the galleries, etc. I've had so much fun pouring through it all.

Perhaps I'll enter the holiday contest!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:55pm
post #10 of 22

I was wondering when they would announce. I also noticed that this contest, the enteries posted in the person's gallery before the judging was over, and even had Halloween Contest as the title!

angelatx Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:03pm
post #11 of 22

hi reecesdaddy, welcome, i see its your first post. you will love it here. everyone on here is super helpful and friendsly. the experienced decorators on here are always willing to help us newbies with questions and advice. here is a link to someone you might pm or email and she can get you all the links you need to get more familiar with cc, she literally is the superhero of links, no joke. happy baking!! (hope you don't mind janH icon_biggrin.gif) have a sweet day everyone!!! icon_biggrin.gif

MacsMom Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:17pm
post #13 of 22

Thank you for the compliment on my cake, angelatx!

My daughter was born on Halloween so I had to enter the contest. I actually didn't even get to finish her cake icon_sad.gif

I planned on putting bat wings behind the pumpkin with her name on it, a ghost made from RKTs peeking around the bottom pumpkin, and a little black kitty sitting on the baseboard.

But I had to stop decorating to set-up for her birthday party. Her cake table was out on the back patio (where the party was held) and several guests had already arrived before I remembered that I left my fondant and tools out on the patio table hoping to have a moment to finish her cake icon_redface.gif .

angelatx Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:27pm
post #14 of 22

well it is still a super fabulous cake. so i hope you won! icon_biggrin.gif happy bday to your dd with many more for her princess.gif !! thumbs_up.gif

higginspeg Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 6:17pm
post #15 of 22

SIGH - this is killing me. I've been on/off here since 9:00 and I still haven't showered, brushed my teeth or gotten any of the big things done I wanted to. I guess I better face it, I've suddenly become addicted to (gulp) an internet cake site! My hubby will die. Thankfully, I have a lap top in the living room and I can look all the time! party.gif

reecesdaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reecesdaddy Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 6:55pm
post #16 of 22

Thank you for the link to JanH's profile, angelatx. I have been browsing the forums and I recognized her name.

Wow. If you click on the link in her profile for all of her posts, you can find a wealth of information!

Thanks again!

angelatx Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:01pm
post #17 of 22

your very welcome!! icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:41am
post #18 of 22

Ok... Am I the only one that never heard who won this ??? I didnt enter but would love to know the results ??

higginspeg Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:25am
post #19 of 22

Fiddlesticks, you aren't the only one. I'm STILL waiting! SIGH

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:26am
post #20 of 22

Thx for the reply ! I see they started a new contest to!

higginspeg Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 3:33am
post #21 of 22

Yeah and I was hoping they would announce the winners of halloween before starting the new contest! SIGH

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 8:05pm
post #22 of 22

Okay, maybe I too new to CCs site and Im wrong about this, but wouldnt the winners cake be the one that is displayed under the gallerys leading icon for the 2008 Halloween Cake Contest The Charlie Brown cake that is currently showcased? Why would they put a non-winning photo there? Just wondering?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%