I Turned Down An Order...

Decorating By grammynan Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 3:00pm by jammjenks

grammynan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammynan Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 6

I had a woman call on for an order of cupcakes for next Tuesday. She wasn't going to serve them until Friday night. I told her I didn't think they would hold up until then and they wouldn't be as nice. She couldn't pick them up any closer to Friday. Again I told her I thought we'd be pushing it, so she reluctantly said she'd find something else to do.

Was i foolish to let the order go? I didn't want to loose the order, but more so I didn't want her to serve MY old cupcakes!

What do you think?

5 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 6

personally i think you were right. You don't want your name attached to sub standard cup cakes, which they would be if they were old.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 6

I think you did the right thing. I did the same thing this summer with a bride who wanted cupcakes for her wedding which was a 4 hour drive away, and three days from when she could have picked them up.

I told her she'd do better to search for someone in the area of her wedding to do them for her. I think she appreciated my honesty.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 6

Did you offer to deliever them?

Mike

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:49pm
post #5 of 6

could she have kept them in the freezer until thursday? That would keep them fresh

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:00pm
post #6 of 6

I wouldn't have done it either. 3 days is just too long to leave cupcakes sitting around IMO.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%