Where Do I Get Satin Ice

Decorating By Lelly Updated 16 Nov 2008 , 11:22pm by Gingoodies

Lelly Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:04am
post #1 of 5

I posted some questions about making a christening cake yesterday and some sugggested using satin ice. Where do I find that? Only on the internet? I live in NJ and Satin Foods is in NY but it would be much easier to go to a regular store.

Someone asked me to upload pictures of the dress I want to make so that it would be easier to give tips...I am working on it.

Thanks for any help.

4 replies
PinkZiab Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:27am
post #2 of 5

Candyland Crafts in Somerville carries satin ice.

AlamoSweets Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:04am
post #3 of 5

There have been many posts about Satin Ice and just recently I decided to try it for a Coach purse think it would make my life easier and get the cake done faster. However, I found the Ivory Satin Ice got very stiff very quickly. Perhaps it was old. I did buy some black also and I love having it handy and pull it out frequently because I mixing black into MMF. It is so messy. It doesn't seem to be as stiff. The ivory was impossible for me to knead until soft. I am going back to MMF for sure but may keep some black and red Satin Ice handy for accents.

lvspaisley Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 5

Some bakeries carry it and might sell it to you, but I have to order it off the internet. Global Sugar Art sells it, as well as many other online retailers. Once, I bought it on ebay from a bakery and it was very fresh and the shipping cost 75% less that what I would've paid otherwise.

Good luck!

Gingoodies Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 5

Sweet n' Fancy Emporium in Cranford NJ also carries Satin Ice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%