I want to make the Hersheys Peanut Butter Blossom type cookie but I don't want the peanut butter in it. I want to roll the cookie in red sanding sugar and put the new candy cane kiss in the center. Does anyone have a recipe that would make a similar cookie but without the peanut butter?
Thanks for your help.
I would just use a shortbread or sugar cookie recipe and roll it in to balls. Roll it in the colored sugar, bake, and then put your kisses on top.
I did those last year and just used a jam thumbprint recipe.
I made these last year, except used a chocolate cookie with the candy cane kiss. The combo was great! I realize that does not help you, but thought I would throw it out there as another option!
I'd use the thumbprint cookie!
Haven't tried it this yet but it's from the Hershey's site.
Butter-Nut Chocolate Topped Cookies
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 30 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
* 1/2 cup ground almonds, pecans or walnuts
1. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in medium bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, beating well. If necessary, refrigerate dough until firm enough to handle.
2. Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces. Heat oven to 350Â°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in ground nuts. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Remove from oven; immediately press a chocolate piece into center of each cookie. Carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Chocolate should be set before storing. About 2-1/2 dozen cookies.
ORANGE VARIATION: Add 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel to butter mixture.
Thanks for posting this recipe. In place of the nuts, you could use the sugars or sprinkles you talked about.
Recipe sounds like a thumprint recipe.
why not just make a sugar cookie and add the kiss when they come out of the oven?