Recipe For Egg, Dairy And Nut Free Cake Also Diabetes Recipe

Baking By SHADDI Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 1:54am by MaloSlatko

SHADDI Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 5

The mother of my god-son which is my best friend. told me that my god-son had some allergy test taken and they said he is allergic to dairy, eggs, and nuts. so she asked me if i can find a cake that wouldn't have those things in it. So I'm trying to look but not having any luck. Does anybody have a recipe that is eggs, dairy and nut free cake.

I also found out two weeks ago that my dad has Diabetes...and his favorite cake is a white cake do anyone have a good white cake recipe for Diabetic.
I'm still learning about diabetes. that is all new to me since I've never known anyone with it.

thanks ahead of time

4 replies
BakingGirl Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 5

You may have some luck with the dairy/egg free cakes if you google Vegan cakes. I have a friend whose son is also allergic to dairy and egg, so I have just ordered a Vegan baking book from Amazon. I have not received it yet so can't recommend anything for you just yet. You can also use the cake mixes from Cherry Brook Kitchens, they are suitable for egg/dairy allergies.

just_for_fun Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 5

On the Hecker's flour bag, there's a recipe for cupcakes that is free of dairy eggs and nuts. I don't have one now, but I posted the recipe in the big cupcake thread (look up my posts to find it). I'm not sure if it will work as a cake, but you could try. It was from

SHADDI Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you guys for your help...
i will be looking up that divvies site later today i save it in my bookmarks but really have time right know to look at until later today

but again thank you so much.

MaloSlatko Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:54am
post #5 of 5

I have a recipe for a scratch chocolate cake that has no eggs or dairy in it. Please PM me if you would like the recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%