Need Help Choco Dipped Strawberries

Decorating By Biya Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 4:27am by AlamoSweets

Biya Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 9

I am making a cake topped with white chocolate dipped strawberries and need to know if it will be ok to dip the strawberries today. And if i do will they be ok on the counter til tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I read something here a while ago but did a search and didn't find it. Running out of time before the kids come home from school. Thanks

8 replies
sweetenedcakes Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 9

I once ask a teacher I haved and she told me that for example in a wedding that they order her strawberries with dark chocolate that she has to do it the same day and she has to wake up very early to do it because when you add the chocolate to the strawberry you are closing the pore of the strawberry so they will be bad the next day and its start to get out the juice of the strawberry. Because the strawberry has a lot of water

Maybe this help or a professional that is has a lot of experience may help...

icon_biggrin.gif

mmdiez10 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 9

I would probably refrigerate the dipped strawberries and then let them come to room temp before putting them on the cake. Good luck.

Biya Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks guys still not sure what to do. maybe the safest is to wait but then there maybe to much to do tomorrow.

sweetenedcakes Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:18am
post #5 of 9

Hi, I found this that someone posted before on a post

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-600120-strawberries.html

Hope it helps[/url]

bjfranco Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:27am
post #6 of 9

I would wait till tomorrow. I have not had any luck doing them the day before. They get too juicy. I now wash the strawberries the day before and set them out on tea towels to dry over night and then I dip them the next morning and lay on wax paper to dry. I also don't submerge them underwater while washing. I read that on here. They are like little sponges and soak up water. I rinse and wash with a wet cloth. You will be surprised at the the dirt and little hair thingys that come off.

I also do not refrigerate after dipping because when the chocolate covered strawberries come out of the fridge they will sweat.

HTH
bj

Wesha Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:32am
post #7 of 9

I would probably wait until tomorrow to dip them and let them dry on parchment paper.

Biya Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:50am
post #8 of 9

Once again thanks to all of you. I decided to wait until tomorrow.... better safe than sorry will get up earlier and get them done.

AlamoSweets Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:27am
post #9 of 9

Great choice Biya! I always dip the same day they are due. I never refrigerate them because they do sweat. Make sure the chocolate is not too warm. The heat will also make them start weeping. Good luck/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%