Super Fast! What Consistency Ri Do I Need For Cornelli Lace?

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 1:24am by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 4

Help help! Just mixing it up and I have about an hour and a half before I have to go pick up my son, so I'm trying to get this cake finished icon_smile.gif ... hpow much do I need to thin out my RI to get it to pipe easily for cornelli lace, but to where it won't run off of the sides of the cake when I do? Thanks!

3 replies
MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 4

It should be soft peak stage for piping

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 4

I couldn't even tell you what to look for in the consistency. I know it needs to fairly loose to pipe with but it still needs to hold its shape well. If you can easily stir it with a spatula and it still holds a peak, you should be fine. If you're using a fine tip like #1 or #2, you want it looser than if you're using say a #4 tip too. I'm sorry I couldn't be much help. one other thing too, you want to be able to pipe it easily without killing your hand to squeeze it out. If it's too hard to squeeze out, then you want to loosen it up a bit. I don't know if that helps much though?

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:24am
post #4 of 4

Yes, definitely, this helped, thank you! I'm sorry I didn't post right away, my hands were covered in sugar and I was in a tearing hurry, but "killing my hands" was right there for a bit icon_smile.gif. All better now. Thanks again!

-Emi.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%