Heard This At The Store And Just Had To Share

Lounge By l80bug79 Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 7:41pm by l80bug79

l80bug79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l80bug79 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 5

so i'm new at the cake decorating thing and definately don't
"toot my own horn", so i found this comical. I had to pick up some stuff at Michael's and use my 50% off coupon of course, so i'm in the cake aisle and there's an older couple and a young girl discussing the cake the lady was making for the girl. the girl asked something (couldn't hear it/ wasn't paying attention...get in and get out kinda thing) and the lady says " well, no one makes a cake like i do you won't find ANYONE else who will make it like me." i thought to myself, hmmm, she must have a lot of experience and proud of her cakes (wish i could see them) so why is she buying the basic stuff? shouldn't a veteran decorator already have cake pans and seperator plates??? the girl asked her if she needed some of the wilton colors, and she said OH NO i don't use that i use royal icing for my colors?!?!? huh??? not trying to be judgemental, but in my opinion, unless you're colette peters, brownyn (s/p?) webber, i'm pretty sure most cake decorators still bake a cake, ice it and decorate it. i just smiled and moved on. just wanted to share.

4 replies
emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 5

Well, she wasn't lying! I don't know anyone who WOULD make a cake the way she does. *snort*

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 5

was the girl asking her if she needed wilton colored icing and the woman responded that she uses royal icing maybe? she's probably your typical grandma, can make a good tasting cake but doesn't know much about decorating, I remember my grandma being like that. Everything on the cake was rock hard icon_biggrin.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 5

Thats funny icon_lol.gif

l80bug79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l80bug79 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 7:41pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniescakenj

was the girl asking her if she needed wilton colored icing and the woman responded that she uses royal icing maybe? she's probably your typical grandma, can make a good tasting cake but doesn't know much about decorating, I remember my grandma being like that. Everything on the cake was rock hard icon_biggrin.gif

I dont' think so. she was stumbling over her words like she really didn't know what words to use.

I jsut thought it was SOOO Funny that the Queen baker of the lands was actually in the SAME Michael's that I shop at!! Can you believe it??? lol.... oh and she wasn't moving out of the way for nothing. i literally had to go up the next aisle to get to the other side for other stuff i needed to pick up...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%