Help!!! Germany Themed Cake??? One Day Notice!

Decorating By KHalstead Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 6:45pm by tastefullysweet

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 10

Please help, i got a call for a cake for tomorrow for people that own the local cake decorating shop that gives me most of my business...his wife who's birthday it is loves cassada cake....so that's a no brainer......but she's from Germany and it's a combined cake for her and her sister (also from Germany) and he'd like the cake to be German themed...he said "if you could put a picture of a guy and girl in traditional garb or something cute like that , that will remind them of home that would be great" I can't find any images to make a fbct out of in a german theme.....what do I do???

Does anyone have any images of someone in traditional garb or a traditional house or something???? anything??? what do i do???

9 replies
KHalstead Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 10

nobody knows of anyplace to get some photos??? Either of a half timbered house or something German??/ please I'm open to any and all suggestions!!!

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 10

Well I don't know if this will help you but I lived in Germany for 4 years when I was a wee tot. icon_lol.gif All I can remember was my father taking us to Berlin and the big statue of the Berlin Bear. Also they are very famous for their beautifu grandfather clocks and their coocoo clocks.HTH
icon_smile.gif

mom23kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom23kids Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:57am
post #4 of 10

Check out some Hummel figurines or a Bavarian chalet.....maybe some edelweiss flowers??? HTH

mom23kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom23kids Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:01am
post #5 of 10

Also you could search german cuckcoo clocks...they usually have chalets on them with characters in traditional costumes....maybe the cake could be the clock? just an idea..........

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:13am
post #6 of 10

Some clogs! Lederhosen...beer steins.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:19am
post #7 of 10

Could you do a cute little beermaid on top? Or if your really in a fix, what about striping the cake or sides of the cake like the german flag? That would be nice.

tastefullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastefullysweet Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 12:47pm
post #8 of 10

I can just think of beer with sausage or german costumes (Trachtenkleidung). Here are a couple of pictures for you for ideas
Maybe a traditional hat?

Another idea for Germany-themed cake would be to make it with German luck symbols: pig with clover-leaf, death-cap mushrooms, lady-bugs and, of course, chimney-sweeps (dressed in black).
Like this:

If you are good with gumpaste. you can make some blumenkinder-figurines (flower children) - they are through and through German and very cute!
ImageImage

Oh, and how could I forget geese? Gans is VERY German (especially coupled with sunflowers!)

Here are a couple of more pictures

Hopefully, some of it helps you icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 6:26pm
post #9 of 10

oh wow, I really wish I would've had these last night!! I wound up making the house of the Brother's Grimm since that's in the town the lady is from and her hubby mentioned that she took him there on one of their trips to Germany so I just did an fbct of it. It wasn't very neat either, I feel bad! She did recognize the building though and seemed like she liked it...hopefully she did!

tastefullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastefullysweet Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 6:45pm
post #10 of 10

Keep the ideas for the next year then icon_cool.gif Sorry I just saw it today...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%