Pan Extension Help!!!!

Decorating By preciosa225 Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 4:37am by AlamoSweets

preciosa225 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 4

Hi All!

I need a little help...

I normally bake 2 layers of each size cake in 2" high pans, then fill them with desired filling. However, this time the person does not want any filling! But all of my pans are only 2" high. How can I extend the height of the pan to 4"? I know they sell the extensions online but I don't have time to order them because the cake is for this weekend.

Is there anything else I can do in this situation?

Please help! icon_surprised.gif

3 replies
JoAnnB Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 4

you can use piece of parchment or waxed paper to line the inside of the pan so it extends over the top of the pan.

preciosa225 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:34am
post #3 of 4


AlamoSweets Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:37am
post #4 of 4

I just did an extended cake and used waxed paper. I had a few leaks but it worked okay. Just put something under it to catch the drips. I just read on the internet where someone suggested parchment paper folded in half and placed along the inside edges of the pan. They also said to butter it but I use the spray release.

Quote by @%username% on %date%