How Early Can I Fill With Whipped Choc. Ganache?

Decorating By allie73 Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 10:20am by katielb

allie73 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 9

Hello everyone!

I have a baby shower cake due on Saturday morning, and a terribly busy day tomorrow. She wants a white almond choc. chip cake (I baked that last night) w/ whipped choc. ganache filling. If I fill and crumb tonight, then decorate tomorrow, will that filling hold up until Saturday? The second tier is a lemon cake w/ whipped white choc. ganache filling - same thing - will it hold up for two days inside the cake if well-chilled?

Thanks a bunch and have a wonderful Thursday!

8 replies
cylstrial Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 9

Oh -- I wish I knew the answer. I get it too. Yeah! It's a good answer to have! Goodluck with the cake!

allie73 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 9

Well, I went ahead and did it, so I'll let you know. Apparently the shower was changed to Saturday MORNING - that was communicated today. icon_surprised.gif Thus, I am in cake hell, but it's a few less hours that the whipped ganache will have to sit, so maybe it'll be a good thing in the end!

grama_j Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 11:18pm
post #4 of 9

It will hold up BEAUTIFULY.... it will not spoil ..don't worry about it..

nancyg Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 11:21pm
post #5 of 9

It sounds wonderful. Hope it goes good. And I would love love to get your recipe.
Thnaks a bunch

Miffy Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 11:25pm
post #6 of 9

Hi, I just made a cake last week with same filling. Was no problem with it at all. Four days later they are still eating it and it is just as yummy! Good luck thumbs_up.gif

goodiegoddess Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:26am
post #7 of 9

Do the cakes have to be chilled? And how long can I leave a cake that has the whipcream/pudding filling when covered with fondant?

springlakecake Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:42pm
post #8 of 9

ganache can usually be left out for a few days. Pudding or whipped cream fillings need refrigeration.

katielb Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:20am
post #9 of 9

Im glad this question was asked...so if i do the filling on a wedding cake the night before the wedding day (reception is the following evening) the whipped ganache filling will hold up without soaking into the cake?

Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%