Have You Ever Heard Of...

Decorating By katwomen1up Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 3:51pm by smoore

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 5

Putting a layer of sour cream on top of Cheesecake after it's baked? I have never heard or seen this and these are for a Customer. Are they going to taste alright?

Need to know,
Thanks,
Kat

4 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 5

I've never heard of this! If you havent done it in the past I would stick with what you have done bc that is what your customers are looking for!

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:12pm
post #3 of 5

Yes, but it's not just straight sour cream; it has some sugar (and maybe vanilla?) added to it, and it's put on top during the last few minutes of baking, I think. I haven't made one in a very long time, but I have done it and it is good. If you've ever had the original Sara Lee frozen cheesecake, it also has this sour cream topping. It's also good for camoflaging small cracks in the cheesecake.

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks, I don't know if she added the surgar and vanilla. I was in a crunch and a friend of mine offered to make the cheesecake for an order I have. I use her recipe anyway. I asked for plain cheese cake done in a sheet pan, She called me in the afternoon and said she had put sour cream over the top. I asked her why in the world would she do that. She had said she always used to do it when she made them in a jelly roll pan not when she made the round ones though. She a very good friend, I can't figure out for the life of me why someone would do that when I said plain cheesecake. To me that would be like someone asking for a plain cake with no frosting and then me frosting it anyway. It can't be scrapped off so I pray to God that it taste good.

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 5

I've got a pumpkin cheese cake recipe that calls for a sour cream mixture, with a little sugar and vanilla, to be spread on top of the cheesecake after it cools. I've tried it, but we all prefer the pumpkin cheesecake without the topping. Could just be our preference, though????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%