Displaying Mini Cupcakes?

Baking By mom42ws Updated 18 Nov 2008 , 12:55pm by mom42ws

mom42ws Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:16pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I'd like to hear what you think on how I can display 900 mini cupcakes for a formal event. I have 4 stands but they are all different. Ideally, I would like a uniform, cohesive look but am not sure how I can do this without purchasing more stands, which is not an option. Any ideas??

Thanks,

Ashley

5 replies
kimsmom Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 6

Do the stands come apart so you can cover each tier and post?
I covered cardboard circles (made from gift boxes) and mailing tubes (same size as each tier and post) with fabric so the stand is not altered in any way. I used fabric because I wanted the webs to drape down, plus I can reuse it. You might be able to use heavy wrapping paper.
I hope the photo will give you a better idea.
On the exposed edges you can use trim or ribbon. If the underside shows, add another cardboard circle upsidedown.
Hope this helps.
LL

jen1977 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 6

Do they all have to be displayed? Could you refill as needed?

Erdica Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 12:47am
post #4 of 6

I would pick the biggest stand then maybe buy 3 or 4 cake platters (Walmart has some for like $10 each) and I would put some on the stand, some on the platters and the rest around the table.

I guess it also depends on how big the table is that you have.

cylstrial Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 2:22am
post #5 of 6

This is tough.. all three of these ladies gave great idea's! Maybe you could do some of everything!

mom42ws Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 12:55pm
post #6 of 6

yes, i think i need to get more details as well. i know they like the look of the "traditional' stands...round, tiered stands. i have 4 but they are all different and i don't know if they will all be displayed on the same table or not.

i like all of these suggestions though. how many mini's would you recommend per person? i thought 3 per person (bite-sized) but i know now there isn't going to be any other dessert. do you think 3 is enough for each person?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%