Baby's First Christmas Theme For A Shower

Decorating By death_by_frosting Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 5:31am by Honeydukes

death_by_frosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
death_by_frosting Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:56am
post #1 of 10

I have an upcoming order for a baby shower where the baby is due right before Christmas. The theme of couse is "Baby's First Christmas." I've found just one or two ideas on here and only have a few ideas in my head. Nothing that razzes my attention yet. Any good ideas? Thanks!

9 replies
Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 5:19am
post #2 of 10

There is the cutest cake on here -- it's a baby popping out of a Christmas package. It's a take on something from a Wilton YB. I can't find the picture on here. It shows up from time to time on the "Most popular photos." I'll keep looking, maybe someone else remembers it.

death_by_frosting Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 5:28am
post #3 of 10

thanks Honeydukes!

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 5:49am
post #4 of 10

Honeydukes that cake sounds so cute!

death_by_frosting, let us know how the final cake turns out, I can not wait to see it.

Honeydukes Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:19am
post #5 of 10

I looked in the baby shower cakes and didn't see it, but I did find these. The difference is the one I was referring to is decorated in Christmas colors.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=555773
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1183293

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:54pm
post #6 of 10

You could also do one that looks like a round bib that is white with maybe red or green trimming with holly berries on it. icon_biggrin.gif

death_by_frosting Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 9:06pm
post #7 of 10

thanks Meemawfish. Still slightly undecided. Leaning toward the baby popping out of the present like Honeydukes suggested but the bib idea also sounds really cute. This cake has to travel a bit, so I'm kind of worried about the baby's head staying on. Plus I'm not the one who is driving it. The customer is and I know I would go much slower no matter how many warnings I give to the customer. Thanks

Honeydukes Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 10:14pm
post #8 of 10

You could always make the baby's head out of styrofoam. It'd be much lighter and less likely to topple over. Cover it in fondant and stick it onto a dowel rod. The top fondant covered cardboard would be fairly light as well.

The bib idea is cute. Decorate as gingerbread with white rick rack and gumdrops. Maybe jingle bells, too!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:36am
post #9 of 10

My first thought was a Christmas tree with a fondant/gum paste sleeping baby underneath. Maybe even with a Santa hat on. Too cute!

Honeydukes Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:31am
post #10 of 10

You know, the tree idea gave me a couple other ideas. icon_smile.gif

I like the baby under the tree idea. You could put a bow on the baby.

Santa delivering babies in his sleigh.

A baby in a stocking. My neighbor brought her real baby home in a Christmas stocking. The nurses "packaged" all the December babies that way. Very cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%