How Have You Been Using Capella Flavors?????

Decorating By rezzygirl Updated 24 Oct 2015 , 6:33pm by kiki36

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:48am
post #1 of 9

Just got an email that they have new flavors & discounts, but I haven't even tried the ones I ordered last year!! LOL icon_confused.gif . I guess I'm scared to experiment with them. Have you used them? Got some recipes or ideas to share? BTW here's the new flavors & coupon codes from the email:

Holiday Flavors are :
Espresso
Italian Egg Nog
Pumpkin Pie (Spice)
GingerBread
Rum Raisin
Milk Chocolate Toffee
Candy Cane
Chocolate Fudge Brownie
Raspberry Streusel

We have also brought back the most popular deals of the year!

Buy 5, Get 2 Free
Buy 7, Get 3 Free

However this time we have opened ALL our products to this deal; this means you can mix or match ANY of our products in these special bundles.

Buy 5, Get 2 FREE
Save $11.90
Use coupon code BUY5 at checkout

Buy 7, Get 3 FREE
Save $17.85
Use discount code BUY7 at checkout.

thumbs_up.gif

8 replies
SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 3:27am
post #2 of 9

I use them ALL the time!! I use them in cake batter (I have a French Toast flavored cake on my counter right now!) That's how I make my chocolate raspberry and white raspberry cakes. I also use them in my IMBC - I made a choc cake with pistachio IMBC filling on Tuesday.

I have also used them in my coffee in the morning, I have a whipped cream dispenser, I add a few drop of flavoring to the cream (like strawberry) and instant flavored whipped cream. I have added them to meringue to make flavored meringue cookies. I add them to sugar cookie dough.

I was very sad when they discontinued the white chocolate raspberry they had, there are also stopping the strawberries and cream so I stocked up on that, that was a big seller, I would color part of my batter pink and make a pink and white marble cake for the strawberries and cream cake - big seller. Trying the other strawberry flavor they have to see if I can use that instead when I run out.

The caramel flavor makes my son's favorite cake as well. The little bottles really do last quite a long time.

I am going to make candy apples and make cotton candy flavored ones for my son next week when I have time. icon_biggrin.gif

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:27am
post #3 of 9

SweetResults, those are great ideas! You have inspired me to give them a try. I really want to try some of the new flavors for holiday cookies! White chocolate raspberry sounds good! I hate it when they discontinue flavors. If you don't mind sharing... how many drops to you use in your cake batter? Thanks

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:58pm
post #4 of 9

I usually start out with about 6-8 and then I taste the batter, keep adding one or 2 drops at a time till it tastes right. The same with the frosting. Also - add the drops and let it mix/sit for a little bit, the flavor will get a little stronger after it sits.

I'm a big fan, you can also combine them to make other flavors, I think they have a chart on their website.

Orange creamsicle is great in chocolate cake as well!

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:56pm
post #5 of 9

Sweetresults; I tend to not put flavoring of any kind in my icing because I can always taste the alcohol aftertaste, but, it does leave it kind of bland. Are these made with alcohol as well? And are they colored? I'd like to be able to come up with a French vanilla icing but still keep it white.

Also, where do you get them from? Thanks so much!

mandi1613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandi1613 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:17pm
post #6 of 9

Callyssa, since you don't like the alcohol in traditional flavorings why don't you try using the candy oil flavorings. I use the strawberry oil flavoring in my strawberry icing and it is great.

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:19pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzycakes

Just got an email that they have new flavors & discounts, but I haven't even tried the ones I ordered last year!! LOL icon_confused.gif . I guess I'm scared to experiment with them. Have you used them? Got some recipes or ideas to share? BTW here's the new flavors & coupon codes from the email:

Holiday Flavors are :
Espresso
Italian Egg Nog
Pumpkin Pie (Spice)
GingerBread
Rum Raisin
Milk Chocolate Toffee
Candy Cane
Chocolate Fudge Brownie
Raspberry Streusel

We have also brought back the most popular deals of the year!

Buy 5, Get 2 Free
Buy 7, Get 3 Free

However this time we have opened ALL our products to this deal; this means you can mix or match ANY of our products in these special bundles.

Buy 5, Get 2 FREE
Save $11.90
Use coupon code BUY5 at checkout

Buy 7, Get 3 FREE
Save $17.85
Use discount code BUY7 at checkout.

thumbs_up.gif

Rezzycakes you read my mind icon_lol.gif I got the same e-mail and wanted to order but said "wait, i haven't even touched last years yet icon_eek.gif " I was thinking the same thing, anyone with ideas I'd love to know how to use them thumbs_up.gif

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:36pm
post #8 of 9

Mandi.....thank you! I guess it never even occurred to me that I could. And I think the Lorann Factory is near where I live too, so I could find some of the odd flavors without having to order. Great idea!

kiki36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiki36 Posted 24 Oct 2015 , 6:33pm
post #9 of 9

Hello just a quick question do you still use them now?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%