This One Takes The Cake!

Business By Cakery Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 10:13pm by adonisthegreek1

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 7:59pm
post #31 of 42

Cally I have four boys too! Not trying for a girl tho. LOL.

Part of the current credit crisis (this might be toeing the line here...hope not) is that the younger generation wants everything their parents have, and they put it all on credit....

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:14pm
post #32 of 42

We didn't actually try either, although no-one believes us! There's eight years between our third and fourth son, (BIG surprise! We'd decided two weeks before I found out I was pregnant to get my husband "fixed"!!) and we wanted him to have a sibling closer in age to grow up with. That's the ONLY reason I bit the bullet and braved pregnancy again! LOL She's mostly exactly what I wanted in a daughter......except she's exactly like ME!! I don't know how my dh puts up with me.....she can be so exhausting at times!

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:30pm
post #33 of 42

Just a thought....fast forward 18 years or so.........any takers for making the little princess' wedding cake? icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

Cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:44pm
post #34 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmum

Just a thought....fast forward 18 years or so.........any takers for making the little princess' wedding cake? icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

And we decorator's wonder why they have the show BRIDEZILLA'S on tv....what will it be like when these little girls are getting married. I don't know about anyone else....but I have also had so many TIERED styled 10 to 13 year old cakes lately!!! It does make you wonder where it will all head???

pmaucher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmaucher Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:46pm
post #35 of 42

Kitagrl,

I agree, I'm 28 so I'm at the high end of the generation your talking about. I have friends and younger relatives that think they deserve everything right now and have numerous credit cards maxed out. I have a 7 yr nephew who has his own tv, sony, gameboy, ipod, the nintendo handheld game system and a cell phone, a cell phone. It's out of control, and the parents keep giving it to them.

I was raised diff. I had a job at 15 (Sesame Place, horrible), if I wanted something extra (besides basic needs), I had to pay for it. I frequently took the bus to work or the mall. I didnt drive until I was 20 because I had to save up to buy a car, along with my own insurance and since I didnt have either, I couldnt drive. I hated it and wanted to be spoiled like some friends, but I have worked hard for everything I have.

If I ever have kids, thats exactly how I will raise them. And they will hear NO alot.

Pam

Neicey76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Neicey76 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:46pm
post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakery

In fact....the 3 employees that work for her (ME, MYSELF AND I) have threatened to go on strike....many a time. So yes...she can be a big B at times....LOL!

Isn't it fun that we can laugh at ourselves though.....and have a forum like this to share stuff.....many of our family can't relate at all to our "BATTERED MINDS"!!!!!!!

Thanks why i love CC. Only those who do cakes can understand the madness in our heads!

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:57pm
post #37 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaucher

Kitagrl,

I agree, I'm 28 so I'm at the high end of the generation your talking about. I have friends and younger relatives that think they deserve everything right now and have numerous credit cards maxed out. I have a 7 yr nephew who has his own tv, sony, gameboy, ipod, the nintendo handheld game system and a cell phone, a cell phone. It's out of control, and the parents keep giving it to them.

I was raised diff. I had a job at 15 (Sesame Place, horrible), if I wanted something extra (besides basic needs), I had to pay for it. I frequently took the bus to work or the mall. I didnt drive until I was 20 because I had to save up to buy a car, along with my own insurance and since I didnt have either, I couldnt drive. I hated it and wanted to be spoiled like some friends, but I have worked hard for everything I have.

If I ever have kids, thats exactly how I will raise them. And they will hear NO alot.

Pam

Ditto, I'm 29 and I EARNED everything I got, ...not much by the way, I guess our generation was different, and that's also the way I will raised my kids, I'm not planning on handing out things either.

It is sad to see how these little princesses are proud to say their parents give them everything they want, would it be better to say they've WORKED for all they got?

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 9:12pm
post #38 of 42

its a good thing she didn't order a cake from you, cuz i am sure if their was the slightest thing wrong with it, according to her spoiled child, then she would be calling to complain and asking for her money back. parents like that are so INSANE. their won't be a man on earth who will be able to please that child when she grows up if she doesn't learn about disappointment now. have a great day or nite! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 9:13pm
post #39 of 42

Im 21 so Im part of the generation ya'll are talking about, but Im not the norm. All my friends had cars at 16, and though my parents couldve bought me one, they didnt. I had to buy one when I had the money (i was 18 ) to pay the downpayment, the note, and the insurance. When I was younger I thought my friends were so lucky, because they had everything handed to them but now that im older (a little anyways) and own my home, with no help from anyone and see old friends who still live with parents or pay rent, I realize I was the lucky one. I was taught discipline and how to save money and work for what I want. My 2 girls are learning fst to that no means no and you dont get everything handed to you. I also kind of agree about the credit card(i dont have one) but a friend in high school got one after he turned 18, it had a $5000 icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif credit limit. He bought all kinds of useles crap but I can imagine what his credit's like now.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 9:33pm
post #40 of 42

Veruca Salt, anyone? icon_rolleyes.gif

MTV's Sweet Sixteen, here she comes! icon_cry.gif

yvy_cano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvy_cano Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 9:37pm
post #41 of 42

In my opinion, she is the one that is going to ruin her child birthday. I dont understand why she doesnt bake the cake herself and decorate it with her daughter. She can use that time to bond with her brat and Im sure the 5 year old would love it! My 4 year old neice loves to help me bake cakes at home, in fact she shows me how to do it lol. She tells me NO TITI YVY, YOU DONT DO IT LIKE THAT! lol her face is soo serious too.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 10:13pm
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

These are the same people that think it's ok to call us for an order at 10:45 pm because we work from home.

I about beheaded a customer last night over this. She wanted to discuss flavors, tiers and such and when I asked her if she was aware of the time and my business hours she paused and said "well you DID answer the phone!"

My reply back was "yes because my father very ill and preparing to go into the hospital for surgery and I was afraid it might have been him on his way to the ER and I would need to meet him because I have never had anyone call my cell phone this late to discuss an order."

Her reply was "well it's not my fault you use your cell phone for personal business. I knew your kids would be asleep and you could talk freely this time of night." ... icon_lol.gif

Sometimes I get busy and forget for days to call a particular business. By the time I remember to call, it's always after hours. In those cases, I do end up calling after hours and leaving a message. I've never called a home based worker, but I'd probably assume they had a separate line and sent it directly to voicemail after hours. I could just be an honest mistake on the part of the customer. It was her comment that was rude though.

Getting back to the OP, this would be a great opportunity for the mom and daughter to spend special time together making the birthday cake together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%