Loopy Bow Cake Topper Help!

Decorating By Dacerra Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 4:32pm by stlcakelady

Dacerra Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:48am
post #1 of 6

Hello....

I was wondering how to make and put together one of those many loops bow toppers? I have already cut my strips and put support in them to dry...i just don't have any idea how to put it together. Help!!!??

Thank you in advance!

Daniela icon_cry.gif
LL

5 replies
cakedivamommy Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:19am
post #2 of 6

Here is a wonderful website with the bow tutorial.

http://www.tartacadabra.nl/howtos/strik.html

It is in another language but honestly you dont need it. The pictures are wonderful. Just make sure that you make the loops a few days in advance or they will fall when you put them together. Good luck!

panchanewjersey Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:26am
post #3 of 6

You know what's funny is that I made a small cake for my sis today and was trying to make a loopy bow, I made it so big and it looked so ugly I threw it away. But funnier is that I saved this tutorial in someones last post and you think I would go back to it, but I didn't. Stupid me!

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 6:28am
post #4 of 6

I usually build it on the back side of a cake pan the size you want it. i start with melted choc then i cut the bottom of the loops into a V-shape and start assembling.

bashini Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 10:50am
post #5 of 6

Hi, here is another link from CakeBoss on making a loopy bow.

http://www.cakeboss.com/fondantbowtutorial.aspx

HTH.

stlcakelady Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 6

I also use a cake pan flipped over and assemble with dried loops. I use sugar melted to the soft crack stage (I think...whichever stage you use to make a lollypop). It dries clear and I don't have to use so much to get it to stay. I also pour out some of the sugar on the smooth side of freezer paper about the size of a 3" circle and let that harden and then start "gluing" my first set of loops to that. This way my whole bow has a base to sit on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%