Help:my Smbc Is Like Soup!!!

Decorating By Keely51907 Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 6:27pm by JodieF

Keely51907 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keely51907 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:05am
post #1 of 6

I just tried to make SMBC for the first time and it never fluffed up. I mixed it for more than 20 minutes already and it it so soupy. Can it be saved or what? Tips for this frosting would be appreciated

5 replies
cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:52am
post #2 of 6

I hope that you did not already throw it out, it CAN be saved! Just put the mixing bowl into the fridge for about 15 minutes and then rewhip it like crazy and it should come together. I have had this happen numerous times when my butter was too warm when I added it in. Good luck!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:12am
post #3 of 6

ditto to pp... you may have to fridge and whip a couple of times to get the right consistency without letting it set up too much at once. Next time don't add the butter until the meringue is cooled.

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 5:51am
post #4 of 6

Just wondering if you ever got it to turn out right?

Keely51907 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keely51907 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 6

Yes, thank you for the help. I just turned the mixer on and let it go for 10 minutes and when i came back, it was perfect! I almost threw it away but Im glad i stuck with it.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 6:27pm
post #6 of 6

I just wanted to say that after the meringue is whipped, I put the bowl in a bigger bowl filled with ice. The meringue might feel cool, but that stainless bowl is still warm! I don't add the butter until the bowl is cool too. I have had anymore "soup" issues with SMBC since I've done that.

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%