Cream Cheese Marshmallow Icing/dip

Baking By coggie Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 4:36pm by grama_j

coggie Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:19am
post #1 of 12

Does anyone know how this is if made ahead? I would think it needs to be refrigerated, would I then just remix? How long would cupcakes be able to be out without refrigeration if I used for cupcake filling?
Thanks for any help

11 replies
tye Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:29am
post #2 of 12

this is my favorite filling... i make mine ahead and refrigerate, but make sure its covered well cuz it will develop a "skin" like pudding does... you can leave cupcakes and cakes filled with them out for a few hours, just like you can regular cream cheese...

grama_j Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:33am
post #3 of 12

I just made some for my cake filling for tomorrow....... OMG! That stuff is SOOO good ! My husband said it tastes like "MORE" ! I'm trying to think of other things to use with it......

grama_j Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:35am
post #4 of 12

OH ! Quick question about it...... is it 'slippery" ? Do I need a bigger dam ? I do not want the layers to be sliding around....

coggie Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:36am
post #5 of 12

Thank you so much for the quick replies! This does help. My first attempt at filling cupcakes, so just wanted to be sure.

tye Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:37am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by grama_j

OH ! Quick question about it...... is it 'slippery" ? Do I need a bigger dam ? I do not want the layers to be sliding around....

If you let it set up in the frig for about 15-20 mins and then fill the cake, it will be firm. I like to fill my cakes when they are partially frozen...keeps them more stable, less chance of oozing.

grama_j Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:40am
post #7 of 12

Thanks, tye.....

mixinvixen Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:08am
post #8 of 12

i use this all the time! i just make a crusting cream cheese and add in my marshmallow cream...you will obviously need more powdered sugar, but it's really good!!!!!!!! i don't worry about refrigeration because it has such a high sugar content.

mixinvixen Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:09am
post #9 of 12

i use this all the time! i just make a crusting cream cheese and add in my marshmallow cream...you will obviously need more powdered sugar, but it's really good!!!!!!!! i don't worry about refrigeration because it has such a high sugar content.

grama_j Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 10:47am
post #10 of 12

oh, vixen..... the recipe posted on the board here doesn't call for powdered sugar..... that is why I wondered about the "slippery" factor......

8 oz Strawberry Cream Cheese
7 oz Marshmallow Fluff
Dash of strawberry extract or strawberry flavoring

Mix softened cream cheese, fluff, and flavoring well. Will be a creamy texture - use as a filling.

I didn't have any strawberry flavoring, so I sprinkled some strawberry Jello in it, and it brought out the strawberry flavor, and made it more pink........... YUMMY stuff !

mixinvixen Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:34pm
post #11 of 12

i always add p.s. because i use it as my signature icing, not just for a filling. you can't add all that extra "moisture" and not have problems. i've been using this for about 2 years now. i lovelovelove that dip, can eat it by the bowl with strawberries!, so i was just thinking one day on how i could incorporate that with a strawberry cake....i just made it up as i went along.

grama_j Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:36pm
post #12 of 12

Well, it sounds GREAT to me..... both as a filling AND as an icing ! THANKS

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%