New Home Business With Partner, But Might Have To Move...

Business By bsawyer78 Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 7:26pm by tiggy2

bsawyer78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bsawyer78 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:12am
post #1 of 4

I REALLY need some advice! icon_confused.gif A friend and I just started a cake business out of my home...hers can't be used b/c of pets (NC law)...well, my husband and I might have an awesome opportunity to get land for cheap and build our 2nd house. This one would be my ultimate DREAM home, but off the subject. It is in the same area, just down the street, but we would have to sell our house and move in with my parents while we build, meaning we would not have my kitchen. This is the address that all our licenses are at.

Our business is VERY VERY new, and I just didn't expect this. How do I break the news to my partner and what do I do if we do sell this house and rebuild? Should we shut down the business, even after being so new? Oh my, what did I get myself into????

3 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:19am
post #2 of 4

Just tell be honest, and if you're planning to start the business again after your new house is built let her know that and she may be willing to wait to start again.
Good luck hope it all works out

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:49am
post #3 of 4

maybe you can run the busniess out of your parents house or hers but she would have to have the pets outside if that's the NC rules i don't know.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 4

Another option is to rent commercial space until your new home is built.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%