Help Me Understand--Mmf Versus 'ultimate' Mmf Recipe

Decorating By harrison Updated 16 Nov 2008 , 9:52pm by jenny518

harrison Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone. I am wondering what the advantage is of using a recipe like Rhonda's ultimate mmf versus the mmf I usually make. I am currently using the recipe with simply confectioner's sugar, marshmallows, and a little water. I like the ease of the simple recipe, but does the more involved recipe come out being easier to work with. Mine always has too much stretch to it. Thanks for the insight and help!

10 replies
harrison Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 11

Please icon_lol.gif

harrison Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 11

Please icon_lol.gif

cylstrial Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 11

I have always just used the MMF before...but today I used Rhonda's Ultimate Chocolate MMF. It's still sitting the saran wrap and ziplock bag right now.. so I can't say much as of yet. But I will say that it definitely tasted better and was a really good consistency. I'll let ya know more after I use it. So probably tonight or tomorrow. =o)

And who knows...someone else might post!

harrison Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks so much for responding. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

cylstrial Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:38pm
post #6 of 11

So I actually like the Ultimate MMF better. It had light karo syrup in it.. and I think that really made it work better. My regular MMF, tears a little bit sometimes... around the edges. And the Ultimate MMF just had a good elasticity to it. I don't think I'll be using the regular anymore. It's worth trying!

harrison Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:51pm
post #7 of 11

Thanks so much. I'll give it a try!

jenny518 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:26pm
post #8 of 11

I have used both also. I liked Rhonda's MMF as it was easier to use and had good stretch and flavor. You don't have to add the same flavorings as the recipe- my hubby said it made it less sweet w/ the lemon, though. I will use this recipe from now on, too.

Cookies4kids Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 12:54pm
post #9 of 11

I too have tried several versions of the MMF but like Rhondas best for use on cookies, etc. I think some of the others have too much stretch in them for what I do and this one is so simple to make.

sugarwishes Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 2:00pm
post #10 of 11

Does anyone have the recipe for Rhonda' mmf? I cant find it anywhere icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%