Plate Out Of Fondant

Decorating By Belinda76 Updated 15 Aug 2005 , 10:42pm by butrcup

Belinda76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Belinda76 Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 4

Hello...I am active reader of this site but have never posted anything on here. I need some help with something. I am making a cake for a kitchen shower (that is for a wedding) this weekend. We are going with a kitchen theme, obviously. I am making a sheet cake and we are going to have a place setting on top. I am making a plate out of fondant but I put one on an actual plate and let it harden but it tended to crack when I tried to take it off to see if it would hold it's shape. I am trying it on a smaller plate. But I was wondering if anyone had anymore ideas on how to make the plate and if there is a way to make the fondant a bit harder. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get. I also posted this on Wilton because I can use all the help I can get. Thanks in advance!!

Belinda

3 replies
eve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 10:23pm
post #2 of 4

Sounds like it's not the plate, it's your FOndant that's the problem..regardless of the size of your plate icon_smile.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 4

I think if you add gumpaste, it will dry harder, but it will take longer to harden. I know someone on here just made a plate, hopefully they'll see this and help. Welcome to CC!

butrcup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butrcup Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 4

I just got the book "creative cookies" by Toba Garrett. It tells how to make a "china" plate out of a cookie if youre interested-looks like a lot of work but really looks like a plate-let me know if you want the instructions, they are quite lengthy.

good luck-

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%