B/c "flat" Polka Dots????

Decorating By l80bug79 Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 3:37pm by l80bug79

l80bug79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l80bug79 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 6

i've tried them before and just can't get them to look right. but i've seen other people do them. i come from the "fondant? what's that???" area and so most people want 100% b/c cakes. i guess you call them like flooded polka dots.

any help???

5 replies
johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 6

Use the large round tip that you usually use for filling dams. Hold it close to the surface and force the BC a bit. That is, don't make it too "fat". Then carefully flatten with a spatula, damp finger, or the Viva method.

HTH Rita

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 6

I use the Viva method and it works well.

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 6

agree with the above and i usually let them set a few mins so they don't stick when pushing down on them. icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:14am
post #5 of 6

You can also thicken your b'cream by adding more sugar &/or cornstarch. Then you can roll it out & cut w/any round cutter; end of piping tip etc.

l80bug79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l80bug79 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:37pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

You can also thicken your b'cream by adding more sugar &/or cornstarch. Then you can roll it out & cut w/any round cutter; end of piping tip etc.

like how much???? i use serious cake's b/c recipe (below). I think that would be a good thing to do for the people who i know will just pull the mmf off the cake and let it go to waste.

22 tbs salted butter, softened (about 3 sticks)
2/3 c. Crisco shortening
5-8 tbs heavy cream
2 tsp clear vanilla
2 lbs powdered sugar (about 8 cups)
1-3 tbs corn syrup

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%