Instruction Sheet For Deliveries?

Business By l80bug79 Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 3:29pm by l80bug79

l80bug79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l80bug79 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 3

anyone have a "special instructions" for your cakes that you provide at ordering or delivery? like to refridgerate or not? how long the cake will keep before the event for them to determine what time to pickup/deliver, etc? i'm wanting to add something to my order form because of recent inquiries but not sure what all to put in it if anyone has something they are willing to share.....

thanks
aimee

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:35am
post #2 of 3

I don't because my cakes don't really require special handling. I don't make cakes that need refrigerated (I never refrigerate my cakes), so they can pick it up the day before the party if they want to. It either sits on my counter or it sits on their's. I just tell them there is no need to refrigerate.

Do you make especially delicate cakes where picking it up an hour or two earlier or later makes a difference in "how long a cake will keep"? If so, this would definitely need to be communicated to them.

l80bug79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l80bug79 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 3

no nothing special that they won't keep. most of the time i have the cake ready the night before pick up and they sit out on my table. i've only made one cake that had fresh strawberries in the filling that had to be refridgerated, but that was a family member's recipe request. wouldn't do it for "sale". so i just called them on my way over and told them to clear out the top shelf of the fridge. icon_smile.gif

i just had a lady asking me questions about a fondant cake that I am doing for her and wanted any "special instructions" and "will it still be good if I pick up 2 hours before the event" she's been a little bit challenging to just work thru the order form we'll see how the next week goes (picks up next friday). with questions like that I don't want to tell them, heck yes, it'll be finished hours before you pick it up. you get those that think you put the finishing touches on their cake as they hit the door. and yet you want them to know you spend a lot of time and effort on their cake, but not up to the minute they pick it up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%