Need Help With Rkt Tree And Fondant Giraffe

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 5:13pm by PinkZiab

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 13

First I need help with my tree, I can't get my rkt to stay on, they keep falling off.
I've mushed it and squeezed it so they are really compact but they keep falling off. And I think I need to put more on to make it fuller?
I've stuck about a dozen toothpicks into it trying to add support and something for the rkt to hold on to and nothing is helping, any sugesstions?

Second, I'm not happy with my giraffe, did I put to many dots on him, or are they too small?
There's just something off about him, is it his legs, should I repostion them?
I think I've been staring at him too long!
I want him to be really cute, what can I add to make him cuter?
LL
LL
LL

12 replies
doreenre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doreenre Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 13

Have you tried adhering using royal icing?

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 13

Ok I can't help with the tree (looks good). But I think the giraffe has too many spots. CAn you peel some off and add more blank yellow space in between and also vary the size of the spots? I love the face it is too precious! ALso move the front arms up and to the outside of the chest just a smidge...
Good Luck they really both look great!

Kairiboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kairiboo Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 13

I can't really help with the tree, and your Giraffe is really cute!! I think maybe if you put slightly larger spots on him, and maybe not exactly round? They usuaully have almost square spots on them. Maybe you'll like him a little better? Sorry I don't have any more advice! GL!!

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 7:20pm
post #5 of 13

If you reduce the amount of butter in your RKT they will be more dense and may stay on better. HTH

CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 7:55pm
post #6 of 13

I used no butter in my rkt. I usually add almond bark, but with the addition of the food coloring it would have seized up. I'm at a loss, the thing fell apart again
icon_sad.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 6:15pm
post #7 of 13

I think the giraffe is adorable, especially those eyelashes. She looks as if she were made from polkadot fabric.
I'd say she's just noticed the carved heart on the tree, and just sort of sunk down in a flump.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:25pm
post #8 of 13

I think they both look great! But I love the giraffe!! The little details just turned out superb!

sweetbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbn Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 10:36pm
post #9 of 13

I think the giraffe is cute just the way it is icon_smile.gif What about ugrading from toothpicks to a small dowel for your tree?

CakeMommyTX Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 12:27am
post #10 of 13

Well I took all the rkt off and started all over again. I made a new batch and added a few extra marshmallows, thinking my last batch was'nt "sticky" enough.
It has seemed to work and it has'nt fallin apart since last night so I'm hoping it will stay together.
Here's a pic of it, it's almost finished I just have to paint the branches and add a bird or two and we are in business!

And I decided to just leave the giraffe as is, it went well with the other animals as they are'nt all exactly realistic.

Thanks to everyone!
LL

lifonahil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lifonahil Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:38am
post #11 of 13

I think they are so cute.

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:16pm
post #12 of 13

Very cute! I wish I could make animals like yours! I tried making a simple blue bird last and gave up!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:13pm
post #13 of 13

I think they both look awesome... the only minor change I would make to the giraffe is to not space the spots so uniformly... place them randomly and possibly even vary the size of the spots a little more. Great work!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%