Need Help With This Cake

Decorating By dbbrown04 Updated 27 Nov 2008 , 11:38pm by kbell69

dbbrown04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dbbrown04 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 8

I need help with this two cakes. What pans do I need to purchase? How do I make the roses and the fondant lines on the bottom cake. I am very need to this and I am very worried that I will not be able to accomplish this.

I also want to make this for my DH birthday Dec22nd so does anyone have any help with making a BaseBall Cap cake. I would love to see step by step intructions. Also I will need to know how to get the stars to look like that on the cake. What supplies will I need.Thanks!
LL
LL

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 8

For the rounds you can use a 9 or 10. I suggest a 10 because it holds exactly one cake mix.
For the ballcap use a sport ball pan OR if you don't want to buy one if you have a smallish metal bowl it would work too.
The bill of the cap can be fondant OR cardboard. The strips, dots, stars & #s are all fondant.
Roses can be made from b'cream, fondant or gp.

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:19am
post #3 of 8

To make your balls uniform, use a small cookie cutter and cut all of them out then when you roll them they will all be the same size.

KidMcWonder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KidMcWonder Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:36am
post #4 of 8

For the stars, you could use either gum paste or fondant. I would probably go with gum paste. Color some red, roll it out, and cut out the star shapes with star-shaped cutters. Insert some wire at the bottom of the star before it hardens, and voila!

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:44am
post #5 of 8

I saw a cake similar to the black and white one and the maker said the lines were done in fondant with a clay gun/extruder.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:45am
post #6 of 8

If you have a clay gun you should definetly use it for the lines on the 2nd cake that way they are uniform and it makes it alot eaiser. Just a little tip get it at Michael's and use your weekly coupon for 40% off! thumbs_up.gif

dbbrown04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dbbrown04 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:07am
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone for the answers to my questions. Panchanewjersey I will sure purchase the clay gun at Michael's. Kakeladi should my cake pans be 2' or 3' deep and how many levels on each?

kbell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbell69 Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 11:38pm
post #8 of 8

Does anyone know about the wire, what gauge etc. and where you can get it? I tried Michael's and a bunch of other places with no luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%