Need Help With This Cake

Decorating By dbbrown04 Updated 27 Nov 2008 , 11:38pm by kbell69

dbbrown04 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 8

I need help with this two cakes. What pans do I need to purchase? How do I make the roses and the fondant lines on the bottom cake. I am very need to this and I am very worried that I will not be able to accomplish this.

I also want to make this for my DH birthday Dec22nd so does anyone have any help with making a BaseBall Cap cake. I would love to see step by step intructions. Also I will need to know how to get the stars to look like that on the cake. What supplies will I need.Thanks!
LL
LL

7 replies
kakeladi Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 8

For the rounds you can use a 9 or 10. I suggest a 10 because it holds exactly one cake mix.
For the ballcap use a sport ball pan OR if you don't want to buy one if you have a smallish metal bowl it would work too.
The bill of the cap can be fondant OR cardboard. The strips, dots, stars & #s are all fondant.
Roses can be made from b'cream, fondant or gp.

cathie_shinnick Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:19am
post #3 of 8

To make your balls uniform, use a small cookie cutter and cut all of them out then when you roll them they will all be the same size.

KidMcWonder Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:36am
post #4 of 8

For the stars, you could use either gum paste or fondant. I would probably go with gum paste. Color some red, roll it out, and cut out the star shapes with star-shaped cutters. Insert some wire at the bottom of the star before it hardens, and voila!

sayhellojana Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:44am
post #5 of 8

I saw a cake similar to the black and white one and the maker said the lines were done in fondant with a clay gun/extruder.

panchanewjersey Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:45am
post #6 of 8

If you have a clay gun you should definetly use it for the lines on the 2nd cake that way they are uniform and it makes it alot eaiser. Just a little tip get it at Michael's and use your weekly coupon for 40% off! thumbs_up.gif

dbbrown04 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:07am
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone for the answers to my questions. Panchanewjersey I will sure purchase the clay gun at Michael's. Kakeladi should my cake pans be 2' or 3' deep and how many levels on each?

kbell69 Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 11:38pm
post #8 of 8

Does anyone know about the wire, what gauge etc. and where you can get it? I tried Michael's and a bunch of other places with no luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%