Need Help With Cake Idea!-Hannah Montana

Decorating By mamasmakincakes Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 8:06pm by haneen

mamasmakincakes Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 3

I need to make a Hannah Montana cake this Saturday and am wondering where I can go for ideas? I am making the wilton guitar but debating on making the neck longer. If anyone has ideas let me know!And I am decorating it using the star tip because i cant smooth icing out for the life of me!!! I am using regular cake icing for the cake and wilton decorator icing for the other things

2 replies
KHalstead Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 3

I would lengthen the neck personally. There is actually a hannah montana guitar cake in the gallery where they used the wilton guitar pan and then lengthened the neck
If by regular cake icing you mean canned betty crocker icing then it's no wonder you can't get it smooth. Get a recipe for a nice crusting buttercream and try to smooth it with a hot spatula, viva paper towel, or my personal favorite (the melvira method) a high density foam paint won't believe how smooth it gets!!!

haneen Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 3

i need to make hannah montana cake this sunday im maken the cake with fonfant i need to know how to stick the starts on the stick what do i use and how to stickit on it

Quote by @%username% on %date%