Simple Syrup

Decorating By yellobutterfly Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 3:45pm by yellobutterfly

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:37am
post #1 of 5

never done it, but it is appealing to me for the moistness factor...can anyone enlighten me on the pros/cons of simple syrup?

thx

4 replies
Tartacadabra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tartacadabra Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 9:57am
post #2 of 5

With syrup the texture stays nice "soft" and the cake gets extra taste. Most of the times you use it to give the cake a moisture texture and to avoid that it gets dry. You apply it a day before decorating so that the tastes have a whole night to develop to a "max" icon_wink.gif.
You can also add a flavour the a simple syrup, like vanilla or lemon cest or a liqor (like Limoncelle, I really like that one icon_wink.gif ). Or cest of oranges and Grand Manier.

On the other hand if you are making a cake and serving it right away ( the next day) the cake itselves tastes just great so it doesn't really need the syrup. Some do it all the time, like Peggy Porschen (that trendy baking girl from the UK icon_wink.gif ), others dont like the bakers from Whimsical Bakehouse, and their recipes are outstanding! icon_biggrin.gif

Goodluck with trying!!

Saludos,
Lara

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 10:30am
post #3 of 5

. . . here's another thread with the same topic . . . http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-607427-wash.html

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:22pm
post #4 of 5

I was just going to say that there was an extensive thread on this topic just a few days ago. I use a "wash" on every cake.

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 3:45pm
post #5 of 5

thanks for the link, I missed that thread!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%