Help Me With My Ladybug Cake!!

Decorating By BakerzJoy Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 3:34pm by BakerzJoy

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 3:02am
post #1 of 3

I am making this awesome lady bug cake for my neighbors little girl. I am so excited about how it will turn out, but I'm lost on how to carve it.
I will be using two 10 in rounds, one vanilla and one chocolate, each sliced in half and then down the middle. Then I intend to stack them on top of each other. Making half of a four layer vanilla and half of a four layer chocolate. Then putting it together and carving from there.
Anyone with experience tell me how I go about getting it to look just like the body. Also, I need a head for the body, what pan size do I use to get it looking perfect??

Thanks alot!!

2 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 3

Do you have a bowl you can bake in? If so I would recommend doing your 10" round and than a bowl to sit on top of the ten inch. Does that make sense? Also for the head you could do RKT or do you have the sports ball pan? Either of those would work. If you use a sports ball you would have to trim some off the bottom so it stays put on the board. Good Luck and post when you finish.

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 3

Yes I do have a bowl to bake it in. It needs to be half choc and half van so that will be a little comlpicated. I don't have any specialty pans, I do almost all the carving free hand. I'm just stumped with this one, I mean once I start, if I mess up that's it. I gotta start all over. Thanks for your ideas! I guess I'll wing it and hope it turns out great! I'll post it soon, it's due Sunday the 16th.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%