Funny Cake For 14 Year Olds Birthday

Decorating By slugbug70354 Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 10:10pm by kakeladi

slugbug70354 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slugbug70354 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:39am
post #1 of 7

I need help. Someone called me and asked me to do 3 cakes this weekend for two 14 year old boys and one 14 year old golden birthday for a girl. Then they said they wanted them to be funny. I have no idea what to do funny for a 14 year old. If anyone has any ideas please help.

6 replies
cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:03am
post #2 of 7

I am thinking simpsons or family guy kind of theme for the boys.....they find that show funny! Did she give you any idea as to what they like or dislike?? or just "funny"? Is it supposed to be funny for the girl's as well? If not go for a purse design or make up bag. 14 year old girl's are into that stuff aren't they? lol. Well, good luck!!! I can't wait to see what you came up with!!! Make sure you post the pics!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
LL
LL

slugbug70354 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 7

All she said was that she wanted them to be funny. Oh and yes the girls cake as well needs to be funny. I think I will talk to her and find out what she has in mind. Thanks soo much for you help. icon_biggrin.gif

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 7

Funny for you and me are two different things. Better get more info for these cakes, you wouldn't want to do something you thought was funny and than end up being disappointed! Good Luck

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 3:01pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbug70354

one 14 year old golden birthday for a girl. Then .

What is a golden birthday?

slugbug70354 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 10:05pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by darandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbug70354

one 14 year old golden birthday for a girl. Then .

What is a golden birthday?

A golden birthday is when you are the age your birthday falls on. The girls birthday is nov. 14 she is going to be 14 so it is her golden birthday.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 10:10pm
post #7 of 7

W/o further help from the customer I'd make a very childish girl's cake for the boys and a very boyish one for the girl.
You really need to get back to that customer and get more info. As another poster said, what *I* would think is funny someone else might find it rude or horrible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%