My First Fondant Rose!

Decorating By Tinaweena197 Updated 17 Nov 2008 , 4:10am by auntginn

Tinaweena197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinaweena197 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:49am
post #1 of 21

Ok so I gave it a shot, we got a quick demo in the first lesson of Wilton Course 3 and I wanted to do some practice at home before we're expected to actually learn them in class thursday. It was actually very relaxing sitting there making a few and I'm excited to learn more flowers! So here it is!

20 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:59am
post #2 of 21

Congratulations......... its a beautiful rose. And I'm sure you master the other flowers as well. Keep up the good work.

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:06am
post #3 of 21

Very pretty. I can't wait until January when I will be taking that course.

jennabell441 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennabell441 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:18am
post #4 of 21

Just beautiful. I love making gumpaste/fondant flowers. They are so relaxing and a great way to pass some time. Great job. You will be the star of the class. icon_biggrin.gif

Jen

Wildrose6633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildrose6633 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:23am
post #5 of 21

gorgeous rose you are doing great. I know you will be able to many others. thumbs_up.gif

Tinaweena197 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:34pm
post #6 of 21

Thanks guys! I want to try a technique with putting a small amount of colour in the vanilla I use to make them stick.

Anybody do this?

auntginn Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:37pm
post #7 of 21

Never heard of this, forgive me for being naive. Will be watching for this technique!!

Tinaweena197 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:46pm
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntginn

Never heard of this, forgive me for being naive. Will be watching for this technique!!

Not naive at all! I haven't heard of it either, I just thought it might be a good idea so I'm going to give it a try!

auntginn Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 6:31pm
post #9 of 21

Whew!!! I thought I missed something there. icon_surprised.gif Well once you try it let us know how it works out. Frankly, I haven't ever used vanilla either. So let me see if I understand this right, you use vanilla to glue the petals to each other. I just use water. What does the vanilla do or serve??? icon_confused.gif

Tinaweena197 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:03pm
post #10 of 21
Quote:

Whew!!! I thought I missed something there. icon_surprised.gif Well once you try it let us know how it works out. Frankly, I haven't ever used vanilla either. So let me see if I understand this right, you use vanilla to glue the petals to each other. I just use water. What does the vanilla do or serve??? icon_confused.gif

Yes I use vailla to stick the petals together. I just use vanilla because of the alcohol content, it dries faster than water.

auntginn Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:35pm
post #11 of 21

Ok, but if you are going to be adding color to it, then how will it work and will it show up, or are you thinking of do this to the edge of the petal???

Tinaweena197 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:43pm
post #12 of 21
Quote:

Ok, but if you are going to be adding color to it, then how will it work and will it show up, or are you thinking of do this to the edge of the petal???

I intended on adding it to the base of the petals where I need to glue it so it looked like the colour coming from the middle of the rose. I was thinking of adding only a tiny bit of colour so it stayes delicate looking. Again just thinking of an idea out loud really.

auntginn Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:45pm
post #13 of 21

Great thinking!!

cakelady31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady31 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:57pm
post #14 of 21

Very Nice! You did a beautiful job . thumbs_up.gif

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 9:14pm
post #15 of 21

Beautiful job on the fondant rose!

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:53pm
post #16 of 21

Great job! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Michele

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 5:10pm
post #17 of 21

The coloring idea sounds perfect. You are off to a good start with fondant/gumpaste flowers. Check out youtube to see tutorials on other flowers. this is the part of cake decorating that i like the best. i make a bunch at a time when I am bored and save them in airtight containers so they are always ready when a cake project comes up.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 5:11pm
post #18 of 21

thumbs_up.gif great job! im sure you will master this course.
and impress your instructor!

sweetbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbn Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 12:26am
post #19 of 21

Beautiful rose. I am currently trying to complete all of my roses for the Wilton course 3 final cake. I am enjoying doing it. Mine are not as beautiful as yours, but I am noting some huge improvement from the first one that I have made until now. It is actually humorous to me to be making these because the first few were quite ugly!

Tinaweena197 Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 4:28am
post #20 of 21

Thanks everybody! I will try to colour idea soon, I just haven't had a chance yet. I've been too busy making fondant cakes!
I just made my first one last night, and rushed home from work to make a small practice cake tonight. I LOVE working with fondant!!!

I put the pics in my album if you want to see them!

auntginn Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 4:10am
post #21 of 21

Very nice work

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%