Im Beyond Idea-Less Lol

Decorating By jleigh982 Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 2:31am by jillmakescakes

jleigh982 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:22am
post #1 of 6

Ok so ive done a few cakes for friends and such from ideas on this site (you guys come up with some great stuff) and i got to admit after a year of doing stuff i've gotten better and better with your help. but now i'm up for the ultimate task, and i'm completely blank for ideas i need to make a cake for my best friend and i really want it to be a success. last year i made her a simple white square cake and decorated it with fondant to make it look like a present...but this year i want to really make it special... I'll give you guys the basics and you guys can give me any ideas you have (gum paste shapes, themes, etc.)...anything is welcome with an open mind

*its her 21st birthday
*she wants a "camo fondant cake" (which ive done before)
* the cake will be a 8" round three layer cake (red velvet with white chocolate icing)
*she LOVES anything and everything COUNTRY!
*shes a self proclaimed boot scootin', deer huntin, bass fishin', beer drinkin good ol texas girl with a tad bit of a soft side
*she goes by "big country" by all of her friends even though shes the smallest of all of us lol
*she likes simple things but also enjoys to "show off" her things that no one else can get, so i'm pretty sure ALOT of people are going to see this cake so i really want to show my skills.
* i have done a few cakes with fondant but not much with gum paste but i have a bit of time to practice, i pick things up a bit easily (flowers and such) so i'm willing to try just about anything, a few people have suggested making a cowboy hat and boots to put on top of the cake but i have yet to find a lessong online on how to make them, so if anyone knows of one that will help too...

thanks in advance
luv you guys

5 replies
Doug Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:06am
post #2 of 6

deer in bass boat fishing, bass NOT biting but "fetching" a beer for the deer, while deer reads a book entitled "Boot Scootin' Two-Steppin' for the Four-footed"

jleigh982 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:24am
post #3 of 6

AHAHAHA i doubt i could pull that one off on a small cake like this one but thanks for the great laugh...your idea was much appreciated icon_biggrin.gif

DerrellC Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:34am
post #4 of 6

Hi JLEIGH, maybe abandon the round cake idea and carve up a pair of cowboy boots ??? cover with fondant and do a little tool work designs on the sides. That wont be anything she can get at the Wal-Mart !!! and think of the WOW factor. good luck,I'm sure you will come up with something great. Derrell

jleigh982 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:16am
post #5 of 6

GREAT IDEA!!! but because she's so STUCK on wanting a "CAMO FONDANT CAKE" i'm gonna use your idea in a different way, i think i may try to make a cowboy hat and pair of boots out of gumpaste and put them on top... someone else also suggested making a "rope" out of fondant and using that as the border on the bottom of the cake instead of the traditional royal icing borders i usually do...

great ideas guys, keep em coming...who knows i may just do TWO cakes! lol

the basic cake idea i have will look a bit like this... i got the picture from the wilton site with do credit to chauser1

jillmakescakes Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:31am
post #6 of 6

How about if you make the cake look like a tent with flaps open on the side looking into a tent with a deer in a sleeping bag surrounded by small beer cans. . A fondant figure of her on the side, looking the other way, with rifle in hand with a confused look on her face. Maybe add a rowboat on the other side with a fish hanging on a line?

Quote by @%username% on %date%