Help/pic For 3 Tier Chocolate And White Square Wedding

Decorating By harrison Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 6:30pm by 7yyrt

harrison Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:19am
post #1 of 4

Hi,
3 square tiers, the top and bottom tier in white buttercream and the middle tier in chocolate with chocolate buttercream. Then she wants ribbon on each tier, either a polka dot brown and white ribbon on all, or white ribbon on the brown tier and brown on the white tier.

I was wondering if anyone has a pic of anything like this. I've searched and not seen anything like it. It is my first wedding cake, and I am nervous. It's for my cousin. Personally, I don't know that this sounds like it's going to look so good, I could be wrong. Anyway, I'd just feel better if I had something similar to look at. Thanks in advance for your help.
Renee
Florida

3 replies
SharonK1973 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:32am
post #2 of 4

I made this cake a while ago that might give you an idea of what it would look like although it doesn't sound like your decorating colors will be contrasting, but at least you can see the contrasting tiers:
LL

terrylee Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:40am
post #3 of 4

I like to draw my cake. how it will be stacked and the shapes of the layers, make several copies, and then use colored pens or pencils to color and draw in my thoughts on the design.

It really helps in the visual for balance and color.

Good luck, post pictures ......

7yyrt Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%