To Those Of You Who Use Bettercreme...

Decorating By cuteums Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 2:57am by kakeladi

cuteums Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 4

I just looked it up and found out what it was. Rich's bettercreme.

I have a few questions.

How does it taste? (I've been making sugarshack's recipe) Is it easy to work with? Can you doctor the taste - add flavorings? Where can I get it?

Thanks everyone.

3 replies
weefoot Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 4

I buy mine at Sam's premade in a bucket. I really liked working with it but you need to let it thaw for at least a week in the fridge. I have heard you can buy it in a package at GFS and whip it yourself, I have not bought that. As for the taste, it taste like grocery store whipped icing. I have a lot of people that really like it. It is sweet but it can be mixed to add flavoring. It comes in vanilla flavor in the bucket. People also like to use it mixed with preserves and use as a filling. It is a lot of icing but can be frozen again for later use.

sugarcheryl Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 4

I work with it but I do not like the taste. It is lighter than your typical buttercream. I also do not like decorating with it but try it you may like it.

kakeladi Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:57am
post #4 of 4

Taste to each one is different icon_sad.gif Many people think it's not as sweet as 'buttercream icing" but to me it is sweeter. It is lighter -more like CoolWhip. As for ease of working: it does not take color well; it can be whipped more so you can make borders or flowers w/it. Some find it easier to spread (ice with) so they get a smoother finish on the caek. Cakes taste best if eaten the same day as iced with this stuff. The next day it has an off taste (to me); the icing seems to airate(sp?) and give a funny mouth feel rather than a differet actual taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%