Bronwen Weber - Nervous And Excited

Decorating By mcalhoun Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 5:07pm by tracycakes

mcalhoun Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 12

I have signed up for a class w/ her making a stand up Santa. I am excited but a little nervous that I will be such an amateur that I will embarrass myself. Has anyone taken a class w/ her? Will it be way over my head? I have been decorating for about 3 years now and have done lots of things w/ fondant just really nervous for some reason. Please tell me she is a great teacher and really patient

11 replies
-K8memphis Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 12

You will love her and want to take her home with you. She is an amazing teacher and a naturally encouraging person to be around. She teaches the way to think about cakes and decorating too. "It's only cake" she says convincingly.

My son had her in culinary school and I got to take a 1-day class with her in Arkansas earlier this year. I am both a professional decorator and a home decorator so I got my clown cake completed early in class. Maybe half the class did not fully complete theirs but it's absolutley no worries--you just take it home with yah.

My advice--take a turntable.

Yagonnaluvit!!!

-K8memphis Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 12

But no--she puts it on the bottom shelf where everyone can reach it--no worries.

TJCanadian Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 12

I've taken a class with Bronwen and she really will teach things so that you won't feel intimidated by it. She's right, its only cake, and there isn't anything you can't fix.

ShopGrl1128 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 12

I took a class with her this past September and now I love her even more.
She's very sweet, funny and warm.

I was also nervous and intimidated but she's lovely.
My project did not turned out as well as I expected, but hey! you are learning, it's not a competition.

She is a great teacher...and she's getting married soon.... she said she's not making her own cake, I wonder who's going to do it??? can't wait to see it.

Have fun!!!

mcalhoun Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:33pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks ladies! I do feel better now. I saw her once and she did seem to be a very warm person. If anyone is interested the class is in Richardson TX on Nov 23. They still had openings as of this morining.

luvbakin Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:51am
post #7 of 12

I agree with the others. You will LOVE her. Remember, you are going there to LEARN, you aren't supposed to walk in the door already knowing how to do it. Let her TEACH you how.

texasbelle Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:29am
post #8 of 12

I just did that class with her Sunday in New Orleans. She was fabulous. Bronwen brings two staff members with her (one is her new husband) and all three are great teachers. You will learn far more than you thought you would and will enjoy every minute of it! Good luck!

plbennett_8 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:47am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbelle

I just did that class with her Sunday in New Orleans. She was fabulous. Bronwen brings two staff members with her (one is her new husband) and all three are great teachers. You will learn far more than you thought you would and will enjoy every minute of it! Good luck!

Yeppers! icon_biggrin.gif I was there too, and you WILL love her, and her friends. Always ready to explain and help. I have only been doing cakes about 1 year. I took longer to do some things, but it's all good... I could have spent days with that great group of people! This class was definitely not just about that one cake. It was about cake. From baking them, to icing them, to using fondant, to carving, to sculpting....and on, and on... It was just soooo Much... I'm still letting some of it sink in.... My best advice. Have your water, snacks, etc. AND the name of the game for the day is Listen, and Absorb! You will have a Blast! icon_smile.gif

Pat B.

mcalhoun Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:52pm
post #10 of 12

You guys are getting me so excited! I feel like that little boy on the Disney commercial who cant sleep!

vonnie99 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:53pm
post #11 of 12

I took a couple of classes with Browen at Cake Camp this summer - she is exactly what you expect! She had her fiance and her top sales rep and her MOM with her so it was really cool. Her mom seemed to get a kick out of how in awe we all were of her daughter! You will learn so much just from listening to her stories. Bring a camera, relax and enjoy your day - oh and post here about all you learn!!

tracycakes Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 5:07pm
post #12 of 12

I took the class with her this spring in Arkansas and she is great! She makes you feel very comfortable and not embarrassed at all. Her helpers are great and super nice also. You will have a blast!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%