Lemon Cookies?

Baking By trishalynn0708 Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 4:07pm by Dinny2222

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 19

Someone was telling me about Lemon Cookies they had and how good they were.. Has anyone else ever had these? Were they good?

18 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 19

I make them all the time. They are my biggest seller. Just add 1 tsp lemon oil to any sugar cookie or rolled cookie dough. Delicious!! icon_biggrin.gif

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 19

I also use refrigerator sugar cookie dough for my Christmas cookies. For lemon cookes I knead in a bit of real lemon juice (not so much that it gets gooey and if it does simply add a bit more flour) and some fresh grated lemon rind. For interest I roll a ball into a log and shape it into a ring before baking. After they cool I drizzle with a simple glaze made of powdered sugar and fresh lemon juice. I actually saw this in a magazine some years ago they even laced a few cookie rings together with red or green raffia tied into a bow an it looked real cute. HTH and happy baking icon_biggrin.gif Key lime would be yummy too!

Candy120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candy120 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 19

Is "lemon oil" the same as "lemon extract"? I have never heard of lemon oil.

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:20pm
post #5 of 19

No, lemon oil is just that, the oil from a lemon. If you feel the outside of a lemon the peel is oily. This is extracted and bottled. I'll try to find a link to some. Hang on...

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:24pm
post #6 of 19

The link I'm trying to get is no longer working. I know that Williams Sonoma carries it in their stores but there is no link to it on their online store. Anyway the oils come in lemon, lime and orange. I've also made the orange cookies which are good too.

Candy120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candy120 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:26pm
post #7 of 19

thanks for the information!! I will check with the cake store the next time I go to the city!

JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:35pm
post #8 of 19

Here is a link to LorAnn's. They sell the lemon oil that you can use in your cookie dough.

https://www.lorannoils.com/c-10-bakery-emulsions.aspx

Happy Baking!!

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:43pm
post #9 of 19

The LorAnn's are flavor emulsions, not actual "lemon oils." The brand I have now is McNess, pure lemon oil. There is another brand Bayjon (or something like that) which also produces it. I used to get the other brand at NY Cake but their website is down. I got the McNess from Williams Sonoma.

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:43pm
post #10 of 19

thanks for the tip!!!

JaLa90016 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:56pm
post #11 of 19

hey bobwonderbuns, I have never tried the lemon oils but I have tried the emulsions. Are they as strong as the peppermint oils? Cause a little goes a long ways.

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 6:19pm
post #12 of 19

The lemon oil I use is different than the LorAnn oils. The emulsions are different from those still. I make a big batch of cookie dough and add 1 tsp lemon oil and it gives a nice flavor but remember it's a BIG batch of cookie dough. You can always start with 1/4 tsp and work your way up. It's different than the LorAnn oils in that they are made specifically concentrated for candy applications. The lemon oils that I use are extracted from an actual lemon and not concentrated. (Does that make sense?)

JaLa90016 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 6:28pm
post #13 of 19

Thanks for the info. I will have to look for the oils and use those instead. My day is complete because I have learned something new today. This is why I love this site because you get so much of useful information.

Many Thanks

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 6:30pm
post #14 of 19

There's a shop in town that brushes melted lemonade concentrate on their sugar cookies when they come out of the oven, then dust with sugar. Nice, but not overpowering.

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 6:45pm
post #15 of 19

You can use Lemon Cake mix, and drizzle a ps glaze mixed with lemon juice over the top. Oh, delicous. There was a recipe on the back of a pillsbury cake mix box but I cant find it here, might be at home. If you want it PM me and I'll look for it tonight. They are super easy, very little time, but everyone says they taste like a million bucks.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:45pm
post #16 of 19

I think bobwonderbuns is talking about the Boyajian Pure Lemon Oil. It is sold at William-Sonoma and Sur La Table in a three pack of Lemon, Lime and Orange or you can sometimes find the Lemon alone. I love it and use it for my Lemon Pizzelles.

Bobwonderbuns - Thanks for the idea to use it in the cookies! That sounds deelish! icon_biggrin.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:48pm
post #17 of 19

Oops! That is what I get for reading too quickly! Bobwonderbuns already said what kind it was! icon_redface.gif

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:41pm
post #18 of 19

Here's the link to their site. I LOVE these oils. And the lemon makes a very yummy cookie just by adding it to a regular sugar cookie recipe.
http://www.boyajianinc.com/citrus.html

Dinny2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dinny2222 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:07pm
post #19 of 19

So the Lorann emulsions, can they be used instead of the vanilla and if so is it the same measurement? Has anyone used the Buttery or Princess in the NSF cookies? If so did you like it better than the vanilla?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%