What Color Of Green Is This?

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 5:51pm by dandelion56602

dandelion56602 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 5

Do you guys have an idea what color green this may be? I was told lime green, but I got this picture and it seems like it might have more of an olive undertone. Definitely darker than I imagined. I had planned on using Wilton's Leaf Green, but it doesn't seem like it will work.

While I'm at it I might as well as about the pink too.

4 replies
Callyssa Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 5

It's hard to really know what color that is based on everyone's comp. settings being different, but I think I have an idea of what it is. I use Americolor's Electric Green and tone it down with Americolor Avocado. It's still a fresh lime-y green, but softer, if that makes sense. Or, start with Avocado and add as much electric as you need to bring it up a little. I'm actually terrible about mixing three or more colors to get what I'm imagining in my head, but so far, I've been able to achieve almost every single color I've wanted. Almost!

As for the pink, I think I would try using Americolor Deep Pink, but just a verrrrry small amount at first. Even a small amount of electric pink turns barbie-ish I think.

I think you could come close with Wilton Leaf Green if you use is sparingly and add a small amount of Golden Yellow to it, then if it's too toned down, you could add some lemon yellow too. I did that before I started getting Americolors and could get some pretty greens. I hope you can get what you're striving for!

Callyssa Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 5

I forgot to add; if your pink is just TOO pink, you can tone it with a teeny bit of Maroon or Burgundy and it will bring it down a little too.

CakesByLJ Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 5

My guess would be a Moss Green...

dandelion56602 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 5

I too use a few different colors to achieve a color. I will have to see if my local cake store still carries Americolor b/c last time I was there, she only had the airbrush colors. If not I may try moss green & add some leaf green if I need to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%