For Those Of You Who Buy Sam's Icing....

Decorating By lilmansmum Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 10:44pm by cutthecake

lilmansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmansmum Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 11

I buy the big buckets of icing from Sam's bakery all the time for $26.56. I went to get some yesterday, and the price was $31.18. Anyone else notice this yet? Or is it just at my Sam's? That's a big jump in price all at once! icon_eek.gif

10 replies
sprtd76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprtd76 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 11

It's not just your Sam's. I paid the same thing a few weeks ago here. I guess you can thank the economy for the price increases.

TASHA22284 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TASHA22284 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:44pm
post #3 of 11

You buy the big buckets of icing from Sam's bakery? Please tell me how? Is it worth the $31 now that the price went up? Can I buy the same icing from Walmart? sorry about all the questions but I am very interested in buying the icing. I love decorating cakes but I hate making batch after batch after batch of buttercream. The Wilton icing in the large tub just seams so expensive. If anyone can shed some light on all my questions, it would be GREAT!

OhioBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhioBaker Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 11

Tasha,

Sorry, but you can't get this at Wal-Mart...only at Sam's club. You can ask for it in the bakery.

It not only cuts back on time, but it also saves me on washing so many dishes! icon_lol.gif Everyone loves the taste of it and yes, it's still a bargain even if the price went up to $32.00.

There are many threads on this icing already on CC. Do a search and you'll see how many people rave over it. icon_biggrin.gif

HTH

lilmansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmansmum Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 11

Tasha,

You can only buy the buckets of icing at Sam's. You go back to the bakery and tell them you want a bucket of the buttercream icing. It is worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY!!! No matter what price! haha I HATE making icing. This tastes good and is so convenient. I do add some extra butter flavoring and vanilla extract, but you don't have to. If I make a wedding cake, I will make icing from scratch, but for most of the others, especially sheet cakes, I just use the Sam's stuff. It's the best discovery I've made on CC!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 3:48pm
post #6 of 11

there chocolate icing is great. just got a bucket of their cream cheese and thats not so great. wont buy that one again, unless i can do something with it.

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:23pm
post #7 of 11

Yep- mine went up $5.00 to $31.18. I thought that was quite a jump in price! icon_sad.gif

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:11pm
post #8 of 11

How many pounds is the icing you buy at Sams?

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:21pm
post #9 of 11

*My* Sam's sells 25lb whipped bEttercream and 28lb regular bUttercream.

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:29pm
post #10 of 11

I work for Sams and they did go up. One of the cake decorators that has worked for them sometime said they gone up.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:44pm
post #11 of 11

Does anyone know if Costco has an equivalent to Sam's icing? I've looked, but haven't found anything. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%