Need To Attach Flowers To Ganache...how???????

Decorating By OhioBaker Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 2:28pm by OhioBaker

OhioBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhioBaker Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 8

I am making my first wedding cake this weekend and I need to attach artificial flowers to my cake that will be covered in Ganache. They want it to cascade down all three tiers...10, 8 and 6 inches.

Please help! icon_eek.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

7 replies
OhioBaker Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 8

Wow! Twenty people have viewed this post and no one has an answer. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

What's a girl to do? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Someone...Anyone...

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 8

Id use wire to sculpt the flowers in the shape you want them and then insert the wire into the cake but try and make your ganache thick and fudgey so it will set. sorry! hope this helps!

OhioBaker Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy24

Id use wire to sculpt the flowers in the shape you want them and then insert the wire into the cake but try and make your ganache thick and fudgey so it will set. sorry! hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply, but I have a question...I've never used wire on a cake before...is this considered "food safe"?

Are there any other ways to do this?

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 8

Most cake stores carry a cloth covered wire in different sizes. I use the green but I do beleive it comes in white too. It is safe< I use it all the time.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 8

Wilton makes flower picks to put the flowers in. But, depending on their weight, you may want to instert the stems into straws and insert these into the cake.

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:22am
post #7 of 8

If you have any flower arranging knowledge you can make the falls first and then just insert them into the cake where needed. If you don't know how then maybe you can get a florist to make them for you and tell her exactly how you would like them to look.

I learned flower arranging years ago, so I do it all myself. Silk flowers are easy to work with and don't require any special picks, so adding them to a cake is really easy.

Just make sure that the parts that are going to touch the cake are dusted with a little flour or corn starch to help prevent the oils from the icing, seeping into the flower and looking greasy.

Easy peesy!! LOL

Good luck to you!

Lisa thumbs_up.gif

OhioBaker Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 2:28pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you all for your replies...I'll let you know how it goes. icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%