Anyone Going Or Been On Cake Cruise?

Decorating By marriedtoagreek74 Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 1:37pm by marriedtoagreek74

marriedtoagreek74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marriedtoagreek74 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 8

I was thinking of going on the cake cruise in Dec. if there is still space available. Is anyone going or ever been on one of these? How are the sessions? Was it worth it or pack up and go somewhere else?

TIA,
Amy

7 replies
Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 8

I've never heard of a cake cruise, but it sure sounds like fun!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 8

I wish i was going!!!!! I think there still is room, I keep checking the website to see if the prices drop to like $100 icon_biggrin.gif , maybe then my hubby might let me go... if I recall, Diane Shavkin is going to be teaching some classes. I've heard she's fantastic. I'm not sure who else will be there though.

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniescakenj

I wish i was going!!!!! I think there still is room, I keep checking the website to see if the prices drop to like $100 icon_biggrin.gif , maybe then my hubby might let me go... if I recall, Diane Shavkin is going to be teaching some classes. I've heard she's fantastic. I'm not sure who else will be there though.

she is a part of the NYC Cake Decorators Meetup
http://www.meetup.com/new-york-city-cake-decorators/
we have some classes scheduled with her for early next year - maybe you can take those

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:25pm
post #5 of 8

Hi again! I'm really new at cake decorating, but loving it! Could you give me some info on the cruise?

marriedtoagreek74 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 8

When I called up husband and said "you want to go on a cruise?" He was like "I guess". When I told him that it was a "cake cruise" I could see his ears perk up through the phone and then he was really excited. He always wants to mess in my cakes. icon_wink.gif

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:29pm
post #7 of 8

Yes that's how I know about her! I'm a member of NYC and NJ cake decorators club too! Maybe I'll see you at one of the meetups icon_biggrin.gif

marriedtoagreek74 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:37pm
post #8 of 8

Anyone new today have any input??? icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%