Needing A Chocolate Cake Recipe

Decorating By colabear71 Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 10:17am by kimmypooh79

colabear71 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:35am
post #1 of 3

I am making a cake tomorrow for a kindness week event and they requested chocolate. Until now, I have basically used cake mixes, but i am wanting to branch out and experiment with doctored mixes and maybe even scratch.

I'm hoping that some of you would be willing to share your favorite chocolate cake recipes with me.

2 replies
stephaniescakenj Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 3:12am
post #2 of 3

I always use the hershey's chocolate cake recipe on the back of the cocoa container, replace the water with coffee though. I get so many compliments on it...

kimmypooh79 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:17am
post #3 of 3

I found a recipe on here that I liked but it wasn't chocolaty enough for me so I changed and added a few things and the results were YUMMY!!!
Everyone loves this cake. I think I was able to fill one 10" pan and a little extra. 2 batches gave me enough for two 10" pans and 1 8" pan.

Kimâs Chocolate Cake

One box of DH White Cake Mix
1 ¼ cups water + 2 tsp instant coffee granules (dissolved in the water)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 eggs, whole
1 small box Jello Chocolate Fudge pudding mix
3 ounces Bakerâs chocolate, melted
1 tsp cocoa powder
½ cup sour cream
½ cup sugar

Go ahead and melt the chocolate and let it start to cool a bit while you mix the batter. Place all ingredients except melted chocolate in mixing bowl; mix on low speed for a minute and then on medium speed for 3-4 minutes. Add melted chocolate to mixed batter and mix until incorporated.

Bake at 325 degrees until toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 40-50 minutes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%