Cammo Pattern

Decorating By GamerGirl Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 1:31am by CreationsByCaryl

GamerGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GamerGirl Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 12:30am
post #1 of 4

How can I do a cammo pattern? I am doing a cake that is celebrating the homecoming of a soldier and I want to mold him in 3D but I am not sure how to make the cammo for his pants and jacket. Would you roll bunch of small balls of the various colors and cut it out or would you paint it with coloring after the fact? Any advice would be appreciated.

3 replies
CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 1:20am
post #2 of 4

I would make the uniform out of green (or whatever base color you choose) and then paint on the other colors with food coloring and vodka.
I think that woud be the easiest way and give the best results.
Good Luck!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 1:26am
post #3 of 4

ifyou have an airbrush that is the easiest way... I have some tanks in my galleries that we done with cammo.. if no airbrush I would say use color dotted on in an obscure pattern... letting your icing dry 1st... dilute your color and dab on with a brush.

CreationsByCaryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreationsByCaryl Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 1:31am
post #4 of 4

The way I make it is super fast. Take blobs of your cammo colours, based on branch of service, smash them on your rolling mat close together, and then roll out to desired thinness.

To get the fabric look, I roll my pastry roller with the cloth cover on it over the fabric to imprint the threads.

Looks great everytime.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%