Champagne Wasc Cake Recipe?

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 8:12pm by ShopGrl1128

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 15

Has anyone made a champagne cake based on the WASC recipe? I thought I read somewhere someone had tried this and it was very good. Do you just sub the pink champage for the water?

14 replies
ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 15

Me, me, me!!!

It is my top sellerâ¦I loveeee it! And the smell is to die for.

Just substitute ½ or ¾ of the water on the WASC recipe for pink champagne +1 teaspoon (I usually put more) of Lorannâs Champagne flavored oil+ a tiny amount of red food coloring until the batter turns light pink.

loriemoms Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 15

Thank you Cakegirl! Do you have any brand of champagne you like most or just any old pink (can regular?) be used Do you wait for it to get flat?

ShopGrl1128 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:54pm
post #4 of 15

Nahhh! I use the cheap $5.00 bottle from the liquor store, not sure about the brand, I will let you know when I get home, I have some left from my last cake...hmmmhhh... maybe I'll take a sip or two icon_wink.gif

The original (scratch) recipe indicates to use it right out of the bottle...so no flat.

ShopGrl1128 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:20am
post #5 of 15

Ok... I'm back home now, it says: Andre-California-Pink Champagne.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:28am
post #6 of 15

Does anyone have a scratch recipe for pink champagne cake?

terrier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrier Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:40am
post #7 of 15

Pink Champagne Cake With Bavarian Cream Recipe

Ingredients:
Champagne Cake:
1 cup egg whites (7 to 8 eggs)
2 1/4 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup salad oil
5 egg yolks
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Frosting:
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon brandy (see below for option)
3 tablespoons champagne
1 teaspoon clear vanilla

Bavarian Cream:
1 (1/3 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
1 pinch salt
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract or rum extract, to taste

Directions:
In a large bowl of an electric mixer, let egg white warm to room temperature about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Sift flour with sugar, baking powder and salt into another bowl. Make a well in the centre.
Add in order: oil, egg yolks, 1/2 cup water, vanilla and coconut extract. Beat with a spoon until smooth.
In the large bowl of an electric mixer, at high speed, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form when beater is lifted.
With a wire whisk or rubber scraper, using an over and motion, gently fold egg yolks into egg white mixture until just blended.
Pour into two 8-inch round cake pans which have been greased and floured. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. You can split each of these layers to make 4 layers, if desired.

Champagne Icing:
Mix all ingredients together; beat with mixer until thickened. Split cake and spread between layers and all over cake. Grate pink, chocolate or tinted coconut over top of cake. Refrigerate.

Bavarian Cream - Optional
The day before making cake, or early in the day, in a double boiler combine gelatin, salt, 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir in egg yolks. Then slowly add milk. Cook over boiling water, stirring until moisture coats the spoon. Remove at once. Refrigerate until slightly thicker than unbeaten egg whites. Beat egg whites until they form moist peaks when the beater is raised. Gradually add 1/4 cup of the sugar, beating until stiff. Fold into yolk mixture along with whipped cream, vanilla. Leave in bowl until ready to use.

HTH!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:58am
post #8 of 15

Thanks CakeGrlPA!! I'm going to try this icon_biggrin.gif

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 3:02am
post #9 of 15

Terrier: OMG - I was looking for a good recipe last spring for a Bavarian Cheesecake filling. After reading your recipe for the Bavarian Cream filling I think I can actually add some creamcheese and get what I originally wanted. Thank you for posting the recipe including the cake recipe. icon_biggrin.gif

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 3:56am
post #10 of 15

Does this recipe for champagne cake work well for cupcakes? I always assumed a cake recipe and a cuppie recipe were the same, just different size pans right? But lately I've not had the greatest luck with using the same one for a cake as for cupcakes. Does that make sense? I think I'm rambling again...... icon_redface.gif

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 4:33am
post #11 of 15

Mmmmmmm, champagne cake sounds delicious, thanks for sharing your recipes guys!!!

loriemoms Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 12:53pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

Ok... I'm back home now, it says: Andre-California-Pink Champagne.

Thank you! I cannot wait to try this..I want to make it for NYE and don't have time to do a scratch cake.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 3:02pm
post #13 of 15

Just a question, you add raw egg whites to the bavarian cream?

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:05pm
post #14 of 15

do you still put the almond flavoring...

ShopGrl1128 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:12pm
post #15 of 15

sorry, I forgot about the almond!
Nope, only Champagne flavored oil and 1/2 teaspoon of Creme bouquet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%