Help Now Please!!! My Black Bc Is Green?

Decorating By luvmygirl Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 7:05am by Frankyola

luvmygirl Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 5

I made a white BC and am trying to get black- I have used brown and black gel but am getting a nasty army green color-

how can I salvage????

4 replies
cakedivamommy Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 5

I would suggest throwing it out and start making it from chocolate BC. I made the mistake during Halloween to make black BC from white and by the time I got it black it tasted NASTY and after sitting on my counter for a few minutes began to seperate with purple spots. Sorry this has happened to you! Good luck.

pmaucher Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 5

I agree, dont know of any way to save it. Plus putting as much coloring thats needed to get black into the icing leaves a funny taste.

joby1 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 5

maybe you could add coco powder....that may help. (I am guessing). Since I use chocolate BC, made with coco powder, this may help bring you back to a black.

Frankyola Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:05am
post #5 of 5

Ok since you already have your green icing and you want to save it You can add cocoa powder (hershey's is really good) add it little by little, or you can add red color (red neutralize green) Wilton has the no taste red color. Next time start with chocolate icing or buttercream and it will be easy to get black.

I hope this help you

Quote by @%username% on %date%