Chocolate Cigarillos

Decorating By bobhope Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 11:10pm by bobhope

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 5:05pm
post #1 of 5

my fist time to do this for this sat's wedding. thanks to boonenati for sharing on how to make them, i made about close to a hundred tonight (my dh also helped me icon_biggrin.gif ) it was easy. i'll be covering 16,12 & 8 inch cakes w/ the chocolate cigarillos..my question is will they stick well to the butter cream that will be on the cake?well enough to transport them to the venue (roads to the venue are well paved, thank God!) i am thinking of refrigerating the cakes after i've attached the cigarrillos to firm them up..those who have already done this, are there any tips, or do's & dont's i should know about for a successful cake delivery/set up that you would like to share? icon_smile.gif ..would really appreciate them icon_smile.gif ..thanks in advance

regards..

bobbie

4 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 5

Bump

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:51am
post #3 of 5

One thing to do is to tie a ribbon lightly around the cake to keep the cigarrillos in place until you get it to the venue.

When I transported my Piorette cake the real ribbon was on site but I just used a cheap ribbon to keep everything in place until it got there.

HTH

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:56am
post #4 of 5

I have done a few cakes with cigerellos, and found that if I put them on before the BC starts to crust they will stay put. The ribbon works well to but I've only used it with pirruettes.

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 11:10pm
post #5 of 5

thanks guys! i think the ribbon thingy is a pretty neat idea.. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%