How Would You Transport These Cupcakes?

Decorating By mieyo Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 4:17pm by l80bug79

mieyo Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 9

http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/baby-shower-cupcake-stand-2008-02-16.htm

They look too tall for a conventional carrier, and if I used a box, I'd worry about getting them out without smudging the icing. I'll be transporting 25 of them.

Suggestions?

8 replies
cupcakemkr Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 9

I dont think those tops are not as tall as you think they are, maybe 3 inches tall (with cake & frosting) - I have this carrier http://www.target.com/Cupcake-Courier-Lemongrass/dp/B0012ZW92Y/sr=1-5/qid=1226327925/ref=sr_1_5/185-2392059-0421154?ie=UTF8&rh=k%3Acarrier%5Fcupcake&page=1

and I think they would fit in here no problem, I have done tall frosting on mine and not one got squashed. It's is a great carrier!

Good luck!

PoodleDoodle Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 9

I always "glue" my cupcakes to a cardboard with candy melts. Works great because the candy melts harden which holds the cupcake in place and there is no mess on the bottom of the cupcake when you pick it up.

Katie-Bug Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 9

You could just always put them in a sheet cake box, it would be tall enough or you could leave the top off if you needed to. If you felt they would slide, put some shelf lining down.

Or, as poodle said "glue" them down. I have to say I have never heard of that, but it sounds like a neat idea!! thumbs_up.gif

mommaroxy Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 9

Those are super cute! Do you know what kind of frosting they used? What kind do you plan on using. Be sure to post a pic! That carrier from target looks like it would work with maybe the middle section taken out. I think Im gonna have to get a few of those! Good luck!!

Take Care and God Bless

~Roxanne

andpotts Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:18pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakemkr

I dont think those tops are not as tall as you think they are, maybe 3 inches tall (with cake & frosting) - I have this carrier http://www.target.com/Cupcake-Courier-Lemongrass/dp/B0012ZW92Y/sr=1-5/qid=1226327925/ref=sr_1_5/185-2392059-0421154?ie=UTF8&rh=k%3Acarrier%5Fcupcake&page=1

and I think they would fit in here no problem, I have done tall frosting on mine and not one got squashed. It's is a great carrier!

Good luck!

I have the Cupcake Courier as well and I agree 100% these would work in there, it really is a must have in the cuppy world if you ask me, I haven't had a cupcake yet, big or small that this thing couldn't handle. Good luck I love that display icon_smile.gif

juleskaye518 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:47pm
post #7 of 9

I use a cardboard cake carrier, from Walmart, and dab a bit of frosting on the cakeboard. Set the cupcake down and tah-dah, they stay where they are supposed to.

Callyssa Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:56pm
post #8 of 9

I just sent out some cupcakes yesterday in a sheet cake box and my cake supply store had cupcake tray inserts. Little white plastic, and they held the cucpakes still as well as keeping them far enough apart that they didn't smash the icing on each other. Two of my cc had RI tiaras on them, and I thought they would be too tall for the box but they fit just fine with a little room to spare.

l80bug79 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 4:17pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callyssa

I just sent out some cupcakes yesterday in a sheet cake box and my cake supply store had cupcake tray inserts. Little white plastic, and they held the cucpakes still as well as keeping them far enough apart that they didn't smash the icing on each other. Two of my cc had RI tiaras on them, and I thought they would be too tall for the box but they fit just fine with a little room to spare.

i've used those plastic cupcake trays too and they work great. plus you can wash and reuse (at least the ones i use for personal use like for my son's classroom.) otherwise they're inexpensive to "toss". i think i paid .99 each for them at the supply store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%